PDA

View Full Version : Who fishes where?

jack_attack
30-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Not sure if this topic has been covered yet or not. I have had a bit of a look back through previous posts and didn't notice any. So here goes.

I live and fish most of my time around the Bribie Island area.

Haunting the beach for Tuna, Tailor and Jew.

I also don't mind a bit of a race around the northern end of Moreton Bay chasing Tuna, Spotty Mackerel (when the ring netters leave a few behind), and jigging and live baiting the channel markers for what ever will swallow a bait.

During the warmer months I like to get up in the creeks and harrass a few Jacks and muddies.

"Away" trips to fish the beaches up Cooloola and Fraser are also a favorite, along with a few isolated trips to Mooloolaba with the boat.

The Fraser comp is also on the cards annually as well.

So where, or what are other peoples specialty or favs? Exact locations are not wanted just a general idea of who likes doing what.

Brett

stevedemon
30-07-2002, 05:06 PM
HI JACK
Suppose some has to start as four lookers no takers so here goes
I mainly fish around the Broadwater(GOLD COAST) and the Jumpinpin to Morten Bay;
Fish; BREAM, FLATHEAD, TAILOR, TREVALLY, if and when I can find the JEWIES(HARHAR) Snapper and I live Logan City so it is all central

CHEERS ;D ;D
STEVE :P

Heath
30-07-2002, 06:24 PM
All my fishing is done on the Goldcoast. I'd have to say 90% off shore 10% Estuary. We chase Mackerel & wahoo in the summer & Snapper in the winter. Species such as Cobia, Yellowtail King are [pretty much by catch as we do not target them specifically. In the Estuary our main target is the Mangrove Jack & Jew.

aquarius
30-07-2002, 09:30 PM
:)Mate to put it in a sentence...i will fish for anything anytime anywhere.
Just love to fish...can never get enough!!!!!!!
Cheers Brent ;D ;D ;D

Beggsy
31-07-2002, 05:15 AM
G'day,

I'm land-bound (no boat). Fish mostly around the Redlands area. I have 3 young kids, so I only get out at night.
I prefer to fish from the back of my Tarago, which is nicely fitted out with lights etc and I've made my own custom-built rod holders (I'm gettin' old so I like my comforts).

Target species: Tailor, Bream, Whiting, Flathead, Sweetlip and shark (my kids luv 'em). Main target = relaxation/stress relief. If I catch something it's a bonus!!

Occasionally I'll get out in a boat with a mate around the southern end of the Bay.

LYNDO
31-07-2002, 09:43 AM
Predominately the Broadwater from the pin to southport seaway and rivers eg: coomera/pimpama rivers.

But always enjoy slipping back down the coast to Illuka to fish the clarence.;D or shooting up north for the guessing game what species gunna come up next? 8)

Cheers Lyndo

landy1
31-07-2002, 10:39 AM
G'day all
well i mostly fish from land (i dont yet have a boat) around Lota creek and various spots along the SE rivers. occassionaly i get to go out and play in a friends boat around the bottom of the bay or the top of jumpinpin.
so if you see some idiot waving a fly rod around wearing a shirt with a landrover badge (lucky shirt), come over and say hi.
cheers

jaybee
31-07-2002, 01:20 PM
I sold my last boat 10 years ago and have just purchased another. In the last 10 years I have fished from the mouth of the brisbane river down to brunswick heads all land based cept for bruns. now I am water bound again i will be fishing mooloolaba down to southport and all areas in between depending on weather.
cheers

fisho
31-07-2002, 02:23 PM
I fish 90% offshore from mooloolaba (wide caloundra/barwon banks and inner reefs) and 10% river (mostly for muddies). Winter means snapper and pearl perch and summer is trolling for dolphin fish, marlin, mackeral and tuna etc etc.. ;)

Fisherman02
31-07-2002, 03:20 PM
hey jack
im also jack ;D
umm well im like aquarius, wherever the fish are on ill go there and rely mostly on other people's experince on where the fish are and what type of fish etc.
BUT I LOVE TO FISH ;) :) ;D
cheers jack

Big_Muddie
31-07-2002, 03:29 PM
Hi.

I fish the Pin mostly - either mid-week day trips or extended trips when I can get into the huts at the Slipping Sands (the green hut).

I'll be down there next week (with my brother) from Tuesday to Friday - so if any of you are in the area, drop in and say hello - I'll be there if my boat (Concubine) is moored next to the retaining wall.

Regards,

Michael

landy1
31-07-2002, 03:41 PM
g'day all
in regards to the post above, how does one get into the huts at slipping sands. we have often fished there thinking about the lucky sods who are staying there.
p.s. there have been some interesting fish moving around on the banks in front of the huts. definately worth putting a bait in.
cheers

skippa
31-07-2002, 04:08 PM
Hey Jack,

I'll fish anywhere from Mud Is to the Pin, live in the Redlands so those areas are nice and easy to get at. I like reef fishing, so the bay Is usually cop a bit, as with any rocky bottom.

I fish between Kids, work, work, kids...... so i don't get out as often as I would like, but a day on the bay equals noooooooo stressssss and any fish (keepers) are just a bonus.

Love 'away' trips, just came back from Hervey Bay and had a blast,clocked up more fishing time in the week, than I did for the last 6 months.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

kc
01-08-2002, 04:39 AM
Hey Jack,

I fish the drains, creeks and rivers around the whitsundays for barra and salmon..with a few jacks and fingermark to add some interest.

Goin' out the "reef" tommorrow to pin a few spanish and coral trout...a bit of a busmans holiday because I work as a fishing guide for barra most of the time.

Just a few more weeks till the water warms up and the barra come back on the chew!! bring it on.

Regards

kc

Benno
01-08-2002, 06:40 AM
Jack,
A Brisbane boy so anywhere from the gold up to the sunshine coast and twice a year up on the inside of Fraser..

Cheers Benno

fibre_glass
01-08-2002, 03:36 PM
GiddayJack,
I am an offshore freak who goes whenever time ,weather and the boss (missus) says.P>B>A> club member and enjoy going Tempest area regardless the catch .Top spot with little traffic stiring up the pond.

Chris_J
01-08-2002, 03:55 PM
Well I'm mainly a freshwater boy. . .mainly fish Lake cressbrook, somerset and. . well pretty much anywhere in SE QLD. . .i fish lures and fly. . .favorite fish include Bass saratoga murray cod and Yellabelly

While on my salt water journeys i usual fish for trevally flathead and bream. . .favorite saltwater fishing spots are Carloundra, tweed river and pancake ck

Cheers ;D

Chris