PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me Your Joking

sweetlips
06-08-2002, 04:26 AM
While having pre birthday drinks (birthday girl on sat) in the traditional water hole "The Shed" with a few friends, I was gobsmaked to learn that a friend had gone on an all night fishing adventure in his brand new boat only to return to the boat ramp to find not just the new trailer gone but his work ute also.Yep all his tools etc all gone. Hey just imagne that.!!! Just how cheeky are these people.Thankfully he was able to shoot over to Scarbrough to his dads and hitch up at his pontoon.
Makes you start thinking geez I would love to catch these so & so's in the act >:( ......What would you do if you caught them???

Dominator
06-08-2002, 06:13 AM
Sweetlips, just thought i would ask exactly where your friends ute and trailer were parked at the time they were pinched.

jaybee
06-08-2002, 06:17 AM
Happened to my bro once at wellington point..only the brand new trailor tho..the cops say they watch as people often leave the boat to go get help and when they return the boat is gone as well. I chain my wheels..prob only stop the honest crooks..also if there is curbing i like to reverse up to the curbing with the trailor to make it harder for em.

LYNDO
06-08-2002, 09:51 AM
G'day jaybee

My mate mike was camping/fishing on south straddie for the weekend last year & left his boat trailer hooked up behind the toyota land cruiser ute in the jacobs well carpark only to come back to the ramp and see only a boat trailer left :o >:( >:( >:( (Horrible feel in stomache :()in the carpark ???
As he know's peter at the shop well he thought he might have seen when it went? eg sat/sun? no good :'(

Never seen again

Sweet lips can't say what I'd do to 'em (It's incriminating) but the crab pots would stay full of bait for a long time ;D ;D ;Dlol

cheers Lyndo

gruntahunter
06-08-2002, 02:04 PM
Gees Lyndo ,did u have to tell us that story in the week that we're goin to jacobs well. Bloody southsiders , wouldn't happen on the north side .lol .
I'll tell u what I,d do to the pricks. I own a concrete truck so guess what one additive would be.
Hey sweetlips if u see a NEW trailer towing an OLD boat around , it looks suspicious hey. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm23.gif

clutter
06-08-2002, 03:54 PM
Just a tip for storage of the boat at home. Instead of reversing it into the garage, if possible point it in nose first. Its a bit of mucking around but it will also be a bit of mucking around for anyone trying to knock it off. Will only stop honest crooks as if someone really wants it they will go to any lengths unfortunately. Sad reflection of society today. Clutter.

billy7
06-08-2002, 03:55 PM
doesnt only happen in the city fellas a mate of mine had his new motor taken off his boat while he went for a fish with another mate came back to find the boat there and motor gone.if only u could catch them.
billy

Chris_J
06-08-2002, 04:24 PM
Far out what a sad world we live in. . .i have heard many a story about this sorta thing taking place. . .but most have gone in one ear and out the other. . .everytime i go fishin i get dropped of and i un-hook the trailer from the car and just leave it sitting in a parkin lot. . .i have never had any troubles but i think i might just lock it up from now on. . .and also beware when campin at places where u can leave ur boat in the water. . .i have seen many a thing go missing from such places. . .including my friends motor off his boat >:(

CJ

sav
06-08-2002, 07:19 PM
Even happens at the western dams where fishos leave their boats on shore over night with everthing still in them, rods; sounders; motors; tackle boxes etc.
Some desperadoes went along and cut the lures from our lines and pocketed them. If they had taken the rods I suspect we may have seen them the next morning -= but $100 worth of lures can fit in a shoe box and be hidden anywhere.
Sad but true.
Sav

Brian
07-08-2002, 09:44 AM
I'm sure everyone has a mate or two that this has happened to ......... touch wood not to me SO FAR.

As a clubbie i have heard of a number of things going awol. The two that i can remember

1. The boat was parked under the house backed up quite close to a wall the moter bolted and locked on and they oxy cut the back of the boat off to take the motor. He only found out when he was at the servo next fishing trip.

2. A return to uhlmann (not sure spelling) Rd Caboolture way they not only took his trailer they left his vehicle a burnt out shell.

I'm guess i'm lucky the fact my boat is not a flash rig nor is the trailer and they just feel sorry for me and leave me alone.

fisho
07-08-2002, 12:55 PM
Thieving #>:(! #Not much you can do (except chain lock) but if someone is acting suspiciously, why not go over (with your mates) and say g'day - could make them think twice. Hope those responsible get what they deserve.

jaybee
07-08-2002, 01:07 PM
Big deal the insurance pays but the stress and heartbreak are never recovered. I can remember my bro middle of winter at wellington point, left at daybreak and back within 2 hours due to weather..with low tide and standing in the water shivering looking up the ramp for the trailer, he comes to the top of the ramp arms spread, an says somone has pinched my trailer..i replied stop bullshitting i am freezing here...he wasnt joking i can still recall the look on his face..12 months later and another boat ..the police ring and ask if he had a trailer pinched at wellington point..everyone gets excited they got the trailer and the thief..the police say we rang to say we have not recovered it as of yet..the amount of rego on boats, trailers and cars, surely the government can afford better security measures at all ramps..after all it is costing everyone in premiums and the government is first to howl down the insurance companies..so who is at fault..mite be time for everyone to write their mps.
a sad cheers.