PDA

View Full Version : Awoonga Dam

DR
14-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Howdy fellas,
am considering a trip to Awoonga some time in the next 6 months.I have never been there and was hoping someone who had, may be able to give me some helpful info.
ie: best time of year.type of lure,colour,length and deep or shallow divers? hope i am not expecting too much.
cheers
DR

DeeGee
14-08-2002, 12:05 PM
DR, I'm hoping to do the same thing myself. I haven't been there before, so I cant offer any advice from my own experience.
However I have made a few enquiries, and I found with this site

http://www.gawb.qld.gov.au

It includes contact names/numbers for the Rangers. I believe a couple of them are keen fishermen and I have been told they are very helpful when it comes to advice.

There have been a couple of articles in B & B in the past, but I can't remember which issues they were in.

Regards, DeeGee.

J.Cumberland
15-08-2002, 03:03 AM
Hi DR,
I have done 3 trips to Awoonga with another coming up in Nov. Best times should be Nov. thru to Feb, water level may be a problem this season?
Gold Bombers in shallow & deep work well. Best areas seem to be standing timber & weed banks, take some Redclaw traps as the Lake has good population & are great eating.

DR
17-08-2002, 05:23 AM
thanks for the help fellas, thought there may have been a few more Ausfishers who had fished the dam. obviously not, or no one wants to give up their secrets. (don't really blame them) but only wanted lure info not favourite spots.
cheers
DR

mick
17-08-2002, 05:27 AM
gold chrome