PDA

View Full Version : fishing trip

spinna
11-08-2002, 05:35 PM
Hi all ;)

I would just like to say hope you all had a great time and im looking forward to reading all post about the trip. 8) I hope you all have such a good time that it will be an annual thing.

cheers spinna :D 8) ;)

Harrya
12-08-2002, 03:15 AM
Hi all .
Yes I agree! but make it a little later in the spring time when it not so cold aey. Hope you all had a great time.
sorry that I didn't make it.
Harrya

aquarius
12-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Sorry Guys that i could'nt join you for breakfast but you know how it is when the boat belongs to your mate and the fish come on the chew.
Next trip if we have another i will take my boat so i can get to have a chat to you all.....Lucky Phill we tried the rocks at Cobby Pasage but caught zero fish all night....That tide was running at 100 k's per hour....went to Kalinga bank early morning and caught ourselves 12 bream with the biggest one 32 cms....Chicken breast and yabbies were the prefered bait.
Threw some lures around close to the bar as we saw birds working the area but no contact with whatever they were......maybe just a school of baitfish.
Hope everyone who turned up enjoyed themselves and look forward to the next trip.
Cheers #Brent ;D ;D

jaybee
12-08-2002, 12:09 PM
I had an excellent time met some old faces and some new plus a few laughs. Only fished till around 10 sat nite due to the current but picked up a nice feed of bream (8) on the way home to27 to 37cms..threw a heap back. Good weekend webby well done..three cheers.
joe.

Lucky_Phill
12-08-2002, 01:24 PM
bugga hey Brent,

We'll get that big rig offshore soon !

Myself and Mr Black Douglas made ourselves at home at the Pin !

;D ;D ;)

How about those tides JB. Might have to bolt some wheels to the Vicky as it seemed to spend most of the time out of the water and on dry land. ;D ;D

Next trip.........maybe the bay !

jaybee
12-08-2002, 01:48 PM
U read my mind phil..but then i remember somone sayin she'll be rite lol..not to worry the wait was worth it in the long run #;D the bay sounds good #http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm35.gif should try an work it out so we can get in maybe 4 trips (get togethers) a year..
cheers

Ben202
12-08-2002, 02:39 PM
I had a great time ;D
Cought 6 decent bream friday nite, nothing saturday nite coz of the tide :o and got onto a few talior sunday nite before we went home, only kept 3 tho.
Good trip, great people. looking faward to the next trip ;D

webby
12-08-2002, 03:54 PM
Firstly THANKS TO:
Aquaries/Araby Dog/Amberjack/bugman
Ben202/Craigie/Dominator/Fisherman02/Gruntahunta
Jaybee/Landy1/Lucky Phill/Pockets/Skales
Stevedemon/Snappyone/Touchy/Wombat45.
Great to see you all turn up and make the weekend enjoyable, more drinking then fishing done. But thats what it was all about.
Weather was perfect, Current wasnt.
SPECIAL THANKS TO STEVE (AUSFISH) for Gifts, By sat nite all you could see were Ausfish hats.
Thanks to Phill for tarp and homely setup.
Thanks to Touchy for helping organize and going down Friday :-X to find the spot and scare the fish away.
Thanks to Amberjack for your help.
Thanks to all who took the extras in their boats for the weekend.
To the many other who turn up, and had a enjoyable weekend.
Steve great site of around 16 boats with your new Ausfish stickers on, camera falfunction so could not get a Pic for you. I think after the weekend and the non-member turn up you should get a few more visitors to your site.
regards

landy1
12-08-2002, 06:10 PM
;Dg'day all
good weekend hey, i think we stirred up more interest from people than fish though. they must have been wondering who that bunch of smelly noisy, half cut blokes were that seemed to prefer their boats out of the water than in. good to catch up and put faces to names. just for the record, Craigie and i three bream each all keepers and all on bait. chook boobs and squid. best part would have to be Touchy outfishing all of us from the shore at base camp, cheeky bugger, must have been that special stew. anyway till next time.
cheers and thanks to all concerned especially Craigie for putting up with me in his boat all weekend.

imported_admin
12-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Sounds like you all had a good time. Wish I could have been there but family duties had to come first. Maybe next time.

Thanks to Webby for getting it running and all those that turned up and pitched in to make it an enjoyable get together.

Dominator
13-08-2002, 06:10 AM
Howdy All,
Well done guys, it was a good nite. Webby your right about the drinking side of things, slightly more of that done than fishing. Araby Dog and I fished Mackenzies chanel for a few small Bream but there was nothing to write home about. It was good to finally put faces to names look forward to the next trip.

Dominator.

Amberjack
13-08-2002, 07:04 AM
Folks

Good to see those I did. Couldn't stay in the passage all night, tide was too swift for a barge arse to ride out without losing grip. Went and hid in a quiet spot. No fish - but no problem. Look forward to the next trip. Thanks to Steve for the goodies.

Cruisin'

AJ (David) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

adriancorrea
13-08-2002, 07:49 AM
Hi all 8)
Thanks webby for organising the trip and steve for the goodies.
It was great to finally meet some of you guys.
Since I dont drink much dave and myself got to do a bit of fishing and ended up with a catch of 20 bream (25 to 32cm) and 1 crab.
Bait fresh mullet, hardie heads, tailor strips and pillies.
All caught in whalleys gutter.
Thanks Jack for helping us clean the fish and the boat even though you didnt fish with us.
And Touchy Did you ever find that ginger wine??? lol
Maybe we could make this a more regular event.
Looking forward to the next trip.

Tight Lines
Adrian

bugman
13-08-2002, 08:32 AM
All,

I'm in favour of more get togethers and would back a Bay trip. But as Webby pointed out those with smaller boats may find it difficult to access certain places.

What about Bribie island - possibly stay in Caravan Park (not good option) opposite boat ramps.

Leaves open options for The Passage and Bay.

Amity Point may be an option as well if people were prepared to pay the cash required to transport their car/boat on the ferry. Close in at Rainbow - Rouses channel/Greater Bay and outside Moreton or Straddie. Also plenty of beach fishing.

Would require a bit more organising but I'd back the plan.

Bugman

landy1
13-08-2002, 09:46 AM
g'day all
i would jump at horseshoe bay on peel for its great camping or pumicestone because that place sure as hell looks fishy. maybe Bribie-Doug could put us onto a few of his flatty spots.
cheers

gruntahunter
13-08-2002, 02:21 PM
:D :D Firstly thanks Webby 4 the organization . I,m one of those that didn,t fish that much but still had a great time and met some great blokes.Had a tribe of my own work"mates" to "LOOK" after but still I think arabidog and dominator didn't mind and I enjoyed their company(a pair of gentlemen and if ur in the market 4 a new phone see them....50% discount 4 club members) .
I'm very interested in the bay trip and who else better than Webby would their be to point else in the right direction .
Seeyas next time fellas . ;D ;D

stevedemon
13-08-2002, 05:33 PM
Hi to All
Great weekend had by all I think Wombat45 and Myself had a Great time and a few good laugh's 8) ;D along the way and with some :P
Fish thrown in for size between us we caught 16 Bream, 1 Tailor, 1 Nice 27cm Whiting on bloody chicken tit :-[, and to my surprise not one Flathead but in all it was great to put some faces to names and nice to see some people caught some fish to great weekend Webby and thanks to Steve from Ausfish for the gear next Steve you will have to turn up ;D :P ;D :P

Cheers ;D ;D
STEVE :P

squire
14-08-2002, 08:07 AM
Well guys I'm glad you all had a ripper time on Crusoe. My apologies for not making it On Saturday but the day certainly couldn't get any worse for me. Firstly Saturday morning reversing the boat out of the yard with boat loaded for the trip, I reversed over my dog. Then off to the Vet. He got 12 stitches but is ok! Returned home to find out that while the dog wasn't in the yard some scum bucket Knocked off my fishing rods. But never fear I wanted to still go fishing so borrowed fishing rod off neighbour. Then I arrived at carbrook boat ramp and tried to lower the motor but there was no power, soon discovered they had stole my battery as well. Oh well I can only hope whaty goes around comes around.
Ps Webby will definately catch up with you one day regards Martyn.

jaybee
14-08-2002, 08:21 AM
Thanks to steve for the goodies..needed a new hat... ;D webby u put on a great show, well done..lot of organising..been there..as for drinking, with the tide the way it was running i think it was safer on land (drinking) (Thanks Touchy for SOS.) specially with all the boats running around without nav lights plus those trying to anchor on top of ya .. such is life..I personally would like to see something like this prob every 3 months..then i can give work time to give me time off ;D Hey phil I have those wheels fitted 4 wheel drive :P cu all at the next get together if not before.
PS. stevedemon..I was asked to ask you why you havent posted the photos.
cheers.

wombat45
16-08-2002, 03:36 PM
Hi Everyone
Had a great weekend fishing with Stevedemon 8). Sorry I haven't been on earlier as have been up Nth Qld first day home.
Thanks to Beggsy for the tip on chicken, all my bream caught on it.
Special thanks to Stevedemon for taking me as my fishing has improved no end. :)
Thanks to all who organized the trip.
Sorry can't put pics up as have not got digital camera.
Wombat. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm12.gif

gruntahunter
17-08-2002, 03:03 PM
mate .all u need is a scanner and u can post ur pics .lot cheaper than digital camera .

spinna
17-08-2002, 04:07 PM
sounds like you all had a great time
ill try and get up for the next 1

cheers spinna