PDA

View Full Version : Seeing [Nugget]

skales
17-08-2002, 05:36 PM
The truths out now we know why Nuggets fish are always bigger and the fishing spots are over there somewhere and the sandbanks are always moving hey Nugget. Its makes it hard to see to put on a hook at night when your blind . I shouldn't talk I have a appointment in the morning to see about mine.I think its sitting at the computer all the time that does it to us , when we should be out fishing instead . Who else is blind and won't admit it ?????

Nugget
18-08-2002, 03:30 AM
Blind as a bat - apparently!
For those who are wondering what this is about - I had an eye test on Channel 9's Brisbane Extra last night and was declared blind - well almost.
I was given a six out of 10 and told I would fail my driving eyesight test.

As of early next week I will be bespectacled!
Now I can't use the fuzzy outside edge of the fish as its extremities - bugger - they always looked twice as big out of focus!.

Dave ><>

OH - and thanks to Ausfish Steve for dobbing me in - MATE!

clutter
18-08-2002, 06:58 AM
Gee Nugget, seems we might be calling you "Maggoo" soon, hope you won't be driving your boat like he drives his car. Also, if the test result is any reflection on how thick the lenses are going to be, don't go sun baking with your new specks on, you may burn a hole through the back of your head. See you later, Clutter

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-08-2002, 07:06 AM
... and the mystery of the damaged beacons around the Pin & Logan is solved.

webby
18-08-2002, 11:03 AM
:'( :'(Welcome to the club 8) 8),
IT used to take me half/hour to thread a hook at night until some one (my son) told me i needed the dreaded by focals.
And my fishing stories have got shorter also. ;D ;D ;D
WELCOME TO FOUR BEE CEE :o

gruntahunter
18-08-2002, 12:23 PM
Now i'll look (hear) at you with a different perspective .lol .

Touchy - R.I.P.
18-08-2002, 03:25 PM
Ha! Ha! Haaaaa!,My mother was right Nugget! She said it would send you blind first :P :P :P,But at least with the new specks you will be able to see that the knob on the end is to stop ya' hand from slipping orf! ;D ;D ;D ;D,Hey Scales wanta'do a whip 'round & see if we can raise enough moola to get the poor old fart a white cane?. 8)T.><> ><>.

webby
18-08-2002, 05:31 PM
;DWell Fred at least he wont have trubs casting anymore, and this wont happen now he byfocaled, he mite find the water for once. ;D ;D

Ron_Collins
20-08-2002, 05:28 AM
Hi All
Some wise and telling words there. From my point of view, now that he's #managed to get the eyes fixed it's time to get someone to work on the head!

That might be a bigger challenge, even though the problem is small. Not to mention the (dead) mullet hairstyle. Friends, I've done my best to drag him into respectability, but even I have limitations! Ron Collins, Ed.

jaybee
20-08-2002, 06:30 AM
I wear spec..sunnies for daytime and slightly tinted for night time..but i am short sighted and dont need them to tie hooks etc..but don't feel bad nugget i still have problems with lines at night time with all these damn thin diameters..thinking about emailing mustad etc to see if they can make the eyes bigger ROFLMAO

stevedemon
20-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Hi all
nugget don't feel real bad about wearing the spec's or the fact that four eye's are now in fashion ::) we all know that they did not have them back in the stone age ;D ??? so welcome to the furture :P ??? ;D oh by the way now you have the spec's will we get the right size of fish :P ::) ??? 8) ;D but I do need mine for the computer and reading but not for hooks on my line YET!!!!
you see we all get older and need some form of help the only problem is was it glasses or the seeing eye dog you needed ;D :P ;D 8) ;D ???
welcome to the land of four eye's and still can't see
CHEERS ;D ;D
STEVE :P