PDA

View Full Version : A Thing of the Past

jaybee
21-08-2002, 09:12 AM
While researching something I come across an old book..printed in 1970 Ian Gall Fishing for the Fun of it..the last paragraph quotes: " Those fighting for your interests and the country's interests need your full support. Don't stint them or the fisherman's farewell, "Tight lines!" will be a thing of the past." Ian Gall was chief cartoonist of News of the world he quit this job to come back to brisbane to fish his beloved Pin and worked for the courier mail. This was back in 1946. It is very interesting reading that still equates to todays fishing
cheers

jaybee
21-08-2002, 09:41 AM
Here is a sample of some of the photos..check out the rod and reel..
cheers.

craigie
22-08-2002, 05:24 AM
Hi Jaybee,

Whay a top little book, found it in a second hand book shop about 10 years ago. The best $4.00 I ever spent !!!! Might have to get re-aquainted with it while doing the train thing to work !!

Would have been nice to have fished in those good old days, lets hope we can still catch a few of those 'Trophy' fish in years to come.

Did you see the Photo of a young Dave Bateman (Sunfish Fame) with a solid Spanish Mackerel caught Beach Fishing at Double Island Point.

Big shame Ian Gall has passed on, he would have been a top Ausfish Member !!

'Tight Lines'

C

jaybee
22-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Sure is a top book..Ian Gall actually gave it to my old man to read before it officially released..was telling my bro about it last night and he wants to borrow it again...there are some top shots with mackeral off the beach like the shot with the mackeral that were caught during the tailor session on moreton
cheers.