PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Tactics After The Rain

Araby_Dog
23-08-2002, 05:19 AM
Hey Guys,

We've been screaming for rain and now we finally got some.

The Dominator and I are thinking of a fish this week end and are a bit uncertain of whether to hit talleblugera Ck or our old haunts in the pin?

What do our learned Ausfish members do after a flush of rain? An old wives tale I have heard was to fish the dirty water line where the murky water meets the clean seawater as the predators wait in ambush.

Any other tips or hints?

craigie
23-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Hi Araby_Dog,

All the boy's I work with think the rain should fire up all forms of fishing, including the Bass up in the Dams.
I'm throwing out my Crab Pots this evening, I'll post a report with my results.

Fish hard,

Craig

Jack_Lives_Here
23-08-2002, 08:15 AM
I'd like to see a couple of weeks of this rain - really flush the systems out. This will put a little colour in the water. If I was going to arounf this weekend I'd be starting to chase jacks. The bait moving in the dirty stuff should get them interested.
Bring on the hot weather.

whopper
23-08-2002, 08:55 AM
There wont be much murky water yet - probably need a few more days of rain. Ill probably go for a fish at pincushion at the maroochy river mouth, hopefully there will be a few bream still around. probably head up tommorrow . we scored some good bream there this time last year up to 1.3kg. If there is much dirty water Ill be lobbing out a big bunch of beach worms into the deep water at the mouth in searh of a school jew.

gruntahunter
23-08-2002, 10:49 AM
I,m goin to mission pt and try for some bream in deeper water and try a couple of huge green prawns at night in search of an elusive jewie. I couldn't wait til Sat arvo so I've got a driver for my my truck and goin Friday arvo.woooooooooohooooooooo.
Gees I,m a lazy bugger.

jack_attack
23-08-2002, 10:51 AM
I'd like to see a couple of weeks of this rain - really flush the systems out. This will put a little colour in the water. If I was going to arounf this weekend I'd be starting to chase jacks. The bait moving in the dirty stuff should get them interested.
Bring on the hot weather.

Too true....

Yes, bring on some more rain. Heaps of it. It has been a while since the lagoons burst on Bribie and it is going to take plenty more of this to get them to do that again. When they do the Jew, Tailor and Flathead fishing is awesome. Pin on a nice poddy mullet and toss it in the rough stuff at the mouth. Excellent.

The creeks round here are getting a bit of colour but not a great deal. A bit more run off would be nice. It is getting closer to Jack time. Has any one else noticed that the Jacks seem to be down on weight for their length early in the season. They do seem a lot more aggressive/willing to take a lure or livie. I have also noticed that they will get out on the flats on a rising tide at night and chase the mullet in pretty skinny water. Whereas later in the season they seem to be more territorial and don't travel as much. Is this common? Or is it more related to where I am fishing for them?

jaybee
23-08-2002, 12:17 PM
I'd like to see the rain become harder..still no run off..I am waiting for the dirty water to hit green island then slip out the back and fish the edge of the dirty and clean...only problem if we get harder rain..then we need to be aware of debris floating around the bay..
cheers.

webby
23-08-2002, 02:56 PM
Hi, If the wind drops by the weekend go over to the wreck near the Myora
light get your self some black crabs or grinder crabs on the rocks there, then head up to Rainbow ch, try from the myora anchorage up to wallen pools drifting along the inner ch near the old oyster leases, whole crabs on 5/0 - 6/0 and hang on. some nice Blueys along there at the moment, big tides and only fish during the day.
hows that sound Araby.
regards