PDA

View Full Version : Splicing

fisho
26-08-2002, 05:42 AM
Where can I find some information on how to splice rope - properly! Will keep looking for instructor in the mean time. ???

Big_Muddie
26-08-2002, 06:48 AM
Fisho,

Have a look here http://www.aie.org.uk/aie_data/aie_knot_3splice.html for a start to splicing. Plenty of sites on the net that deal with splicing but I found that the best way to learn was to at least watch someone who can splice.

You could give Pat the Ropeman a call - he will teach you how to splice - his number is (07) 3356 9459 - provided you are in Brisbane / surrounds of course. It is his business so there will be a cost involved.

I taught myself to splice by starting off at the site shown above. It became so much clearer and easy though after I saw Pat at the Tackle and Tinny Show earlier this year.

Good luck!

Regards,

Michael

motman
27-08-2002, 02:17 AM
Thanks for that site as a person who learned this knots many times over the last 40 years and though lack of use forgotten all i learnt , this is a good site to refresh on , Thanks again

gruntahunter
27-08-2002, 05:24 AM
Hey Motman if you're in Brissy mate or close by there is going to be knots and splicing seminars at the boatshow.

LYNDO
27-08-2002, 01:39 PM
G'day fisho

I purchased a litle pocket sized book on Knots and Splices by Cyrus L Day has clear photos and info,also another user friendly book is the "The Sea and Ships" can not recall the author :-[ but was very good.

;DI have to start charging me mates now, getting over run with request's to fix their ropes :P

Cheers Lyndo