PDA

View Full Version : charts

adrian
31-08-2002, 04:29 PM
hi all
just wondering what charts would be the best for the whitsunday area ?
i'm after one that will show me the reefs ;no fishing areas; and estaury areas . will the standard marine one do or is there better and where do you get them from

thanks in advance
Anzac

Luke
31-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Hey Anzac,
A shop in Brisbane CBD called "Boat Books" should be able to supply the maps or atleast point you in the right direction. Don't know the number though and can't remember which street though think it might be Albert St.
Cheers Luke

Big_Muddie
01-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Hi.

Here's the info on Boat Books.

Boat Books
109 Albert St
Brisbane QLD 4000

Ph: (07) 3229 6427
Fax: (07) 3221 9391
E-Mail: info@boatbooks-aust.com.au
Web Site: www.boatbooks-aust.com.au

Regards,

Michael

kc
01-09-2002, 07:46 PM
Hi Anzac,

No "one" chart will give you the info you want. the standard marine chart will give you the best navigation information but you need a seperate chart from GBRMPA covering the "whitsunday plan of management" to get all the current zonings and regulations. These are under review agin now and will change next year with a heap more areas off limits to rec fishos (about 25% of the entire region). The one book which does the best job of covering all information is an excellent book called "100 magic miles" Get edition 6. It is not cheap (about $50) but far and away the best reference book for any area on the entire QLD coast and used as the "bible" for all bareboat yachties. Any of the newsagents in Airlie would have them for sale. Get up here before next March because a lot of areas are probaley going to be off limits.

Regarsd

kc

adrian
02-09-2002, 03:57 PM
hi guys

thanks for the info I didn't think it was easy going hope the weather is fine over the school hoils

anzac