09-08-2002, 11:52 AM
This site may be able to help u grunt..best o luck
http://www.gfaa.asn.au/html/6san_02.htm

cheers

Oz
14-08-2002, 07:38 AM
Where in NSW ?
I do a 3 hour radius from Sydney
(north + south). Always looking for new spots. Chase Kingies,Tuna,Cobia etc off the rocks. Use 7 foot game rods and TLD's set up one 12kg and one 24kg.

GRUNTER
14-08-2002, 05:23 PM
yeh thanks for that, iuse to fish a lot over there in the 90s had mixed hits.
the tubes , whale beach, all good,
still in to it over here in nz, fish the same 7ft rods ,penn inters, 24kg, 37kg , have to kingis waste ya,
send us some photos of your fish
cheers grunter

Oz
15-08-2002, 06:44 AM
Grunter,
have heard the LBG action in NZ is awesome, especially for Kingies. Let us know how big you have been getting them. One day I'll get over there, also Lord Howe Island has a reputation for good fishing off the stones.
Have only one pic on jpg as a mate had a digital camera. Hope you can see it. Only 15kg bluefin.
Oz

GRUNTER
15-08-2002, 03:31 PM
thanks for that oz great fish,we don't get tuna often of the rocks, only one i have seen or heard of is a 30kg y/fin caught on a popper, must of been a tin arse!
our season starts in about 2 months
i fish in The Bay of Plenty, Whakatane, it is in the North Island , east coast,
have got some pics but having trouble attaching any advise
grunter

Oz
16-08-2002, 06:02 AM
We did allright with the tuna last season, all around the 12 to 15kg mark but have heard a 28kg bluey at the same spot as my photo. Did'nt manage any Kingies, only rats but am really keen to get on to a big one. Got spooled by a 6 foot Cobia in May which is the last of our season.
Am keen to see ya photos, I had to attach mine every time before I posted and make sure there under 100k. Hope that helps.
Oz

GRUNTER
16-08-2002, 04:05 PM
hi oz hope this pic gets to ya 25kg feb 02 let us know

Oz
17-08-2002, 05:09 AM
That is a top king Grunter. What gear did ya get him on? What livie? Bet he fought like a bastard. Looks like a really good spot too.
You said ya had mixed hits over here at the tubes and Whaley. Did ya ever get up to the central or north coast? We've found Sydney and south to Jervis is not as consistant as up there. Depends what ya chasing too.
What else you hook up to over there?
Oz

GRUNTER
17-08-2002, 04:07 PM
yeh that fish put a hell of a scrape, it was 1 of 4 hook ups that morning, we were using 24kg,live yellow tail mackeral that we transported to that spot, we mosty target kingis & snapper, but also get kahawai. (salmon) & trevs, but have had a couple of attemps of live baiting skippies off the stones for a beaky,no luck yet.
as for fish in nsw, down jervis bay small tunas only but did see a good b/fin about 20kg+ caught off the rocks at palm beach ( i think thats the place, you have to rock climb down to it) but only the same as you rat kingis, no have not fish central or further up, fill me in sounds good,have another pic for ya. this is the east cape prob our best place for getting tuna & marlin catcha grunter

Oz
30-08-2002, 06:33 AM
Hey Grunter,
I've been offline cause I've been to the snow with the wife and kid for a week skiing. I hav'nt wet a line for a couple of weeks but seems like it dos'nt matter cause not much action by the sound of it. i usually chase jews in the harbour in the off season. Its a bit more relaxing but pretty hit and miss, last one I got was about 6 weeks ago and only 4kg.
I'm looking forward to it warming up and will hit the rocks again sometime around november and go through to about may next year. I did do some scouting missions a few weeks back. Looked at the royal national park just south of Sydney, it looks good, apparently get everything there from Kingies to Marlin. Floated a live Trev out for 2-3 hours but no luck. Will try again later.
As for the central coast the last time I went there was early may. Had schools of bait fish at our feet all day, between 6 of us had at least 6 hookups each. Mostly Mack Tunas that were getting thumped by sharks while hooked up. Bronze whalers 10-12 foot busting us off was'nt fun but where there's sharks there's Cobia and had 3-4 of those hooked up as well. I got spooled on 12 kg gear by one about 6 foot long. Have heard of a guy gaffing a Cobia head after a shark had a go at it and still weighed 15 kg. Might have to gear up with 37kg and wire trace and give the sharks a go sometime.
Catch ya later Oz

Rumpig
01-09-2002, 06:09 PM
Gidday,
good to see some other people who are into LBG aswell!

I love rockfish but I'm more of a pig/nigger/spin man as I lack the finances to get some serious LBG gear.

This summer'll be different though as I'll have money and a car! :D

Oz, where abouts are you from? I'm a Sydney boy. Maybe we could hook up for a session some time?

Mick

Oz
03-09-2002, 06:03 AM
G'day Mick,
Been living in Sydney(Eastwood) for a few years now. Like i said before i go north + south as far as Jervis bay to Forster but do a bit here as well. North head is always good and whale beach head(the ovens) is a well known spot.Where do you go? Have ya been getting many pigs lately? What do you want to get into, kingies? Tuna?
Come summer time we'll be going on some trips again, can't wait.Will let ya know if ya keen.
Oz

Rumpig
04-09-2002, 04:32 PM
Gidday Oz

I haven't been going much lately due to school commitments but I'm going to start again soon.

I usually go around Bondi, South head, Diamond bay, etc. I've been to north head a couple of times but it's a bit far without a car.

I'll hopefully be getting out on the stones this Sat morning. I might take a spin stick as well just incase ;)

I'm always looking for someone to go fishing with so if I'm in Sydney this summer I'll be in for sure!

I've done a bit of livebaiting but never had any success. During summer I chase pelagics a fair bit with my spin gear.

Do you spin or just livebait?

Cheers

Mick