PDA

View Full Version : Fish Worrying

Thud
04-09-2002, 10:20 AM
There has been a lot of stuff in the local Townsville rag lately, regarding the treatment of animals (specifically feral pigs) by hunters.
The town of Richmond is planning a 'Dog & Hog' weekend where feral pigs will he hunted and hopefully disposed of by teams of hunters and dogs.
It seems that the RSPCA are threatening to charge people who use dogs to worry or abuse" these pests and will be monitoring the event closely.
So, what's this got to do with fishing?
In the letters to the Editor yesterday, one letter states - "If Mr Hall (RSPCA inspector) is serious about taking legal action against anyone who worried, terrified, tormented or abused an animal in any way, perhaps he should investigate people who catch fish."

Flash in the pan or start of a worrying trend? Any thoughts?

fisho
04-09-2002, 02:09 PM
I'm not worried - my dog isn't fast enough to catch a fish ! ;D

Lucky_Phill
04-09-2002, 03:15 PM
Mate ! it's Shandy Drinking, Skirt Wearing, Head in the Clouds, Green at any Cost, Do Gooders like that person that are causing more problems than they will ever solve.

Tell 'em to get a life, look around and get real. >:( >:( ;D :P

webby
04-09-2002, 06:12 PM
Im no Rex Hunt. But how kind do you have to get??
1. Most are gently hooked after giving them a meal.
2. They are gentle lifted into the boat by net.
3. The hook is removed to stop the pain.
4. They are put in a deep slumber with a sharp knife.
5. Always given a drink of iced saltwater.
6. Gently Filleted
7. Most are gently grilled or slowly baked.
8. Gently passed down my throat.
9. I'll even invite a Greenie out to help with the Berley.
10. How much kinder can you get.
11. As for my dog, he has very few teeth left to worry any RSPCA or Greenie who knocks on my door.

mick
05-09-2002, 06:08 AM
its called the "ban-wagon syndrome"

are they worried about the pigs or the dogs? the dogs love it.

big dogs in little yards, thats cruel
poodles with bad hair cuts, thats cruel

letting a dog do its natural thing is good exercise for them

as for the pigs they destroy huge areas of land, carry disease, and pick on the poor little defenseless bilby's

fuc*ing wan*ers

Beggsy
05-09-2002, 09:22 AM
As if we haven't got enough to put up with lately, what with the new laws, bloody pros killing everything around and other rec anglers who can't read English.

I reckon an appropriately sized flathead, inserted in the appropriate orifice HEAD FIRST oughta sort out Mr Greenie.

Vern_Veitch
05-09-2002, 01:08 PM
There are a lot worse things you can do to a fish than put a hookin it's mouth.
Try choking it to death, or crushing it, or poisoning it with acid, or sticking it's head in a plastic bag so that it dies of fright or suffocation (hard to tell which).
I wonder what these greenies eat and whether it contributes to habitat loss and waterway pollution.
If he/she really wants to save fish, there are quite a few other things that are a much greater risk to their health and well being.
There is still no evidence that they feel pain anyway - ever looked at all the sharp stuff eaten by fish including other fish, barnacles and oysters, prawns and yabbies etc.
Time to get a life and learn about the real world.
Vern

gruntahunter
05-09-2002, 02:16 PM
I thought it appropiate, that with a nic like mine, that I offer some comment to this post.
Firsty I will state that as a fisherman I have never been cruel to my fish and they have never complained about the treatment they have received, even when I swear at them for being so small and eating all of my bait.
Secondly I will state that as a grunterhunter, (and the only place I hunt these pigs is in the sleezy karioke bars in town) is when I do catch one I am really kind. ;) and release them as soon as I can.
And lastly (thats a good word) what about the poor crows and cockies that shot by our farmers for eating their crops, surely that should be under investigation as well.
You're right Phil, tell em to get a life and wake up to the real world.

thunder
07-09-2002, 06:34 PM
Well Mr. Webby I think you've said it all and treated the original subject with the contempt it deserves. ;D
From a fish's point of view you are obviously a warm and wonderfull human being. Any fish would be happy to be caught by you and I hope you catch plenty, good luck. ::)

moater
08-09-2002, 10:42 AM
The animal-libber,greenie,pagan ratbags should not be taken too lightly because a lot of them are in positions of power from the 'minor' public servant that can cause you some 'minor' hassles,to the major players in Federal Parliament who SERIOUSLY make and pass laws that affect us.They are NOT all as obvious as for example Bob bloody Brown...some are entrenched in the other parties both state and federal!!!I love to fish which is a form of hunting and I used to hunt rabbits,foxes and so on.I was brought up in a fishing/hunting family.The rabble that ARE OUT TO BAN US FROM OUR RIGHT TO FISH sincerely believe their own BS and just have no concept of what really goes on in nature ie KILLING AND BEING KILLED WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT OF ETHICS,CRUELTY,SUFFERING.All a fish or a fox,pig whatever wants to do is rip into its prey and kill it as quickly as possible to eat it as quickly as possible!!The opposers of our pastime almost seem to think that animals have funerals...come to think of it I'm sure some Animal Libber greenies DO think of animals as being as important as we humans.moater >:( Ps A site worth a look is PETA...not the animal libber one but the one in answer to it-People Eating Tasty Animals.

leroy
08-09-2002, 11:07 AM
I drive a Vehicle, which according to Paul Keating is "a pox on society". :o

I "worry, terrify, torment and abuse" feral animals. :o

I now "worry, terrify, torment and abuse" fish. :o

I AM BEYOND REDEMPTION. :'( :'(

I guess its about time I "worry, terrify, torment and abuse" some greenies, what have I got to lose.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

C'mon Rover lets go for a walk. OOPS....my redneck must be showing too.

Tangled.

jaybee
08-09-2002, 11:56 AM
I applaud greenies in some instances for what they stand for..however..I see what they leave behind in a rain forest after their protests..rubbish everywhere..dont bother digging pits so there are land mines every where..not to mention how they chop trees down so they will be comfortable in their tents..hate to see what they (greenpeace) leave at sea when they are on a vengence..like phil said they should learn to get a life or get of the planet
cheers.