PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Destination North ?

seqfisho
13-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi All,

I am new to this board, as a member anyway, I have been veiwing all the posts for ages (thanks for all the tips and laughs). I am looking at having a week or two off work in late October early November, and was thinking of heading north of Brisvegas in search of fishier pastures. The area I had in mind was the Bundaberg region especially Elliot Heads/River, I will have the family in tow ( Missus and 3yr old both keen fisho's) plus 4.35 Ally Craft Kakadu Karrier/50hp Yammie 4stk. I have read a breif artical about the area and it outlinnned some close to shore artificial reefs aswell as excellent estuary action which will suit us well.

I am just wondering what to expect at this time of year and what would be the best targets to concentate on, as we are only new to the sunshine state (2yrs) and havent fished outside of our home waters of Redcliffe.

If anyone has any opinions on accomodation options they would be much appreciated, as we were thinking of staying in a park cabin as close to the action as possible.

Any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Glen.

krazyfisher
14-09-2002, 04:13 AM
the further north you go the better the fishing but I here bundy is not just too bad

Spiz
14-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Glen,

I can only help you out with rockfishing.

Ive fished up at 1770 (near Agnes Waters). The swell stopped us fishing off the rocks for most of the time when we were up there (in january), but on the few days we had, we managed to hook a northern bluefin tuna, unfortunately 20 minutes into the fight a boat ran over the line and we lost it (looked to be in the 15kg range). We caught a few spotted mackerel and also lost a massive cobia....There is lots of good LBG fishing to be had, though may be a bit extreme on your kid and missus.

October should be a good time to go fishing. I think the SE trade winds start to subside around that time (I could be wrong!!!).

Good luck

Spiz

adrian
14-09-2002, 04:13 PM
hi glen
i agree with spiz
the area just north of bundy 1770 &angus waters are better fishing with beach estury and rock fishing . round hill creek will give you a feed as will middle creek . but if bundy it is then try the river mouth or even upstream watch out for rock bars. and keep the areograud handy as the mossies will try and take you away

Anzac

Brett_Finger
14-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Glen,
you could have not picked a more lovley place to stay/visit,the Elliott has some fantastic fishing,this time of year you can target such great species as,Whiteing - Bream - Queenfish - Trevally - School Mackrell
Flathead - Tailor and some good in- close reef fishing just 3nm off the mouth of the Elliott.
Hookin,Brett