PDA

View Full Version : Boat Show Report

pockets
29-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Well is on again and just as impressive as always.
nice to catch up with some "ausfish members" Nugget, fitzy and even had a chat to Steve (ausfish).
Said Oh WOW plenty of times and thought if only just as much.
If you go take plenty of money or buy the 2 day pass cause as soon as I got home I said was "gonna buy" or "should have". What did I buy
a hot dog, a coke and a copy of BnB, but did I have fun....

You betcha I did and will go again next year.

Post your thoughts guys, good or not?

Lucky_Phill
29-08-2002, 04:33 PM
I'll be there on Saturday, as will a lot of other Ausfishers. Don't forget to wear your caps boys ( and girls ? ).

Gonna do the Riverfire as well. Big night. Might even do a little fishing after that.

jaybee
29-08-2002, 04:42 PM
U goin after the big jew down under the capn cook then phil..n maybe a feed o muddies ;D fireworks should stir em up a bit eh LOL

gruntahunter
30-08-2002, 02:47 PM
Yeah Phil I'm doing the Sat thing for sure but going to see the broncs kick the raiders arse after the boat show.
Is Septembers B n B out at the show?

Heath
30-08-2002, 04:46 PM
I'm going on saturday. In the afternoon after I get home from fishing 8)

I aint got any Ausfish merchandise ;) ;) ;) :o :-[ :'( but I will have a fishing shirt of some description on, dunno which one yet, though I only have 2 ;D

PAYNE
30-08-2002, 06:33 PM
This month's Bush and Beach is definitely at the show (Septembers).
Catch some of you there - I'm the one with the sorest feet in the Sundown Marine stand!!!!

Nugget
31-08-2002, 04:54 AM
I'm the one with the sorest feet at the Boat Show!

Dave ><>

Ron_Collins
31-08-2002, 04:57 AM
Hi All

I've only seen the Great Hall at this stage, but overall the Show seems to have plenty for all. By the way, met Webby and Randall personally for the first time - what a pair of rough heads! Nice blokes who can fish though. See you there. Ron Collins, Ed.

Ron_Collins
31-08-2002, 05:01 AM
Hi Heath

Phone me on 0409993599 when you are on the Boat Show concourse near the ticket area closest to the Great Hall end of the show and I'll give you an exhibitor discounted pass I've got for you. Ron Collins, Ed.

Jack_Lives_Here
31-08-2002, 07:24 AM
Went along last night (Thurs) for a bit of peek. Impressive!!

Saw Nugget (didn't recognize him with the spiffy new hair cut and all)
and Fitzy doing there thing - didn't want to annoy them so moved on to spend the cash that was burning a hole in the pocket.

Some good buys to be had.

Randall
31-08-2002, 02:49 PM
Hi All

I've only seen the Great Hall at this stage, but overall the Show seems to have plenty for all. By the way, met Webby and Randall personally for the first time - what a pair of rough heads! Nice blokes who can fish though. See you there. Ron Collins, Ed.

Was good to finally put a face to a name Ron....I`ll be back again all day Sunday so I`ll cruise past for a longer chat if your not too busy.

And I take exception to the above referenced comment!!!
I cant fish at all!! ;-)

Randall.

Heath
31-08-2002, 05:37 PM
Hi Heath

Phone me on 0409993599 when you are on the Boat Show concourse near the ticket area closest to the Great Hall end of the show and I'll give you an exhibitor discounted pass I've got for you. Ron Collins, Ed.
Thanks mate ;D ;D

webby
31-08-2002, 06:17 PM
Dropped in thursday arvo for a quick gander, met the "OLD EDITOR" for the first time. :o.
Check out the Clean Shaven Master running the Casting throwing thing.
Watch some of the so called experts do there thing, if you were passing by in the train you would have had a few low flying missles go by ;D ;D
No wonder they stuck them in the corner near the Bar, the girls selling the Rumbo's looked more entertaining.
Back on Sat for a better look around.
Dont worry Randall, were a lot prettier then some i saw in there.
regards

Fitzy
31-08-2002, 06:53 PM
All Lies, I've got to have the sorest feet of every one. At least Ron gets to sit all day & the BnB stand.
Great to see some familiar faces & a few new ones as well.

The casting shoot out final at the Motorama Springwood Marine Casting Alley is on Sunday @ 2:00 PM. Should be some great casting on then.
Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Chris_J
01-09-2002, 01:52 PM
I'm glad some people enjoyed the show. . .I couldn't go today as i had planned. . .woke up sick as a dog :'( from all reports it was a great events

Why did i have to go get sick on the weekend? >:(

anyway

Cheers

CJ

P.S Jack i still got that stuff if ya want it. . .talk to ya soon

Fisherman02
01-09-2002, 02:11 PM
hey chris
thanks mate.
I didn't go either unfortunately also still had a bit of a cold
cheers jack

aquarius
01-09-2002, 05:58 PM
Hi all, Went to the Boat Show Saturday morning...as usual too much to see in 1 day...Just wish i could have stayed there for the 6 days.
Bought myself a 4hp 4 stroke yamaha motor to push the 10ft boat around on the Qld dams....saved myself several hundred $'s...The boat show is the place to go for a great deal!!
Had a good 4 hours there and enjoyed every minute.
Cheers Brent :D

Heath
01-09-2002, 06:06 PM
All Lies, I've got to have the sorest feet of every one. At least Ron gets to sit all day & the BnB stand.
Great to see some familiar faces & a few new ones as well.

The casting shoot out final at the Motorama Springwood Marine Casting Alley is on Sunday @ 2:00 PM. Should be some great casting on then.
Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
Don't worry Ron, I'll stick up for ya' ;)

The BNB stand was absolutly packed on Saturday when I got there, Ron was working up quit a sweat.
I got mobbed with people asking for my autograph etc, much like that Ford bloke in those adds... ;D ;D ;D.......I wish.. :D :D

All in all, I found the show good. I did notice a few things different from last year. There seemed be less models from particular manufactures. Instead of having 4 models like last year they only had 1. another thing was the amount of " Boarding by invitation only" signs. Stuff that, If I want a look, I climbed straight in. Even the amount of boats with out access in an attempt to curb people climbing in was crazy. one boat that wasn't there that I really would have liked to see was Yalta. Also Alison only had 2 models at the show, I really wanted to have a look at the 185, but they only had the 175 & the Fisherman.

Harrya
02-09-2002, 03:28 AM
hey chris
thanks mate.
I didn't go either unfortunately also still had a bit of a cold
cheers jack
Hi Jack is the cold the net result of last weekend fishing at Redcliff ?
I do hope that your well before the school Holidays Cheers
Harrya

jaybee
02-09-2002, 05:07 AM
I was talked into going yesterday my brothers mate wants to buy a 40hp merc. Went to the merc stand they told him he would be better seeing a dealer..well after going to every dealer with mercs it turns out he can get the same motor cheaper fitted with new steering down ballina. So he decides he want to buy a rod and real..after chatting to all the tackle places he bought a tld25 for the price of a tld 20 with a penn power stick 7001 thrown in..at capn blighs on the way home. Met travis at springwood marine..thanks for the deal travis. I did fall in love with the quintrex 6.5 outsider however.. :'(
cheers.

Fisherman02
02-09-2002, 06:44 AM
hey Harry
yeah mate, it was from the BBQ last weekend. But am starting to feel better.
cheers jack

Kerry
02-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Since it has been on the wrong side of the river have been a few times with an odd year or 2 break in between just to see if anything has changed.

All in all the present location has lost some of the uniqueness and Qld'ness compared to the old site.

Maybe it's the "impression" that putting everything into one area with the same amount of people makes it looks busy.

Buggered if I know but it just ain't the same and looking around some of the stands there's obviously been a back peddle by some compared to previous years.

One thing that stood out was the repetitive display of the same boats and in particular alloy's with black motors and black motors attached to alloy's.

The atmosphere has gone :(

Cheers, Kerry.

bugman
03-09-2002, 11:30 AM
Went twice on Thursday and Saturday.

I'd have to agree with earlier posts about the range being down a touch in regards to boat models (other than tinnies). Also - what ever happened to the plethora of tackle stores that used to attend.

Springwood Marine was the biggest and wasn't bad but I guess it's not a designated tackle shop.

Anyway my tale is I was chasing a VHF radio with aerial. Best quote was from Glasscraft Marine for $335 which I was more than happy with. Couldn't pick it up on Thursday though cause I was on the motorbike so decided to wait until Saturday.

Thought I'd ring Whitworths before I went in on Saturday who were having a 15% sale on floor stock. Got the same unit with aerial for $306. Go figure.

I must say I was very impressed with the Lifestyle tri-hull boat out of Caloundra. If I had the spare $75,000 that's where it would be going.

Bugman

Vern_Veitch
03-09-2002, 12:02 PM
Have not been to a Brissy show before so it was an experience. Said g'day to Smithy and had a good look but agree with the earlier postings, a lot of boats were the same as the ones on the other stands. Got a Lowrance X51 for a good price.
I liked the little Tarpon on the SOLAS stand but I beleive it is a lot pricier than the same size tinny.
Still reckon my Hydrofield 18 takes a bit of beating in the trailerable offshore area. I liked the fitout of some of the centre cabs but the hulls are less kind in rough weather.
Be a while before I am in the market for a big boat anyway.
Vern

burkey
17-09-2002, 05:14 PM
gday people i had brought a boat from the last boat show at sydney its a great boat. put a word of advise remember to cross your t and dot the i's i had taken the word form the sales person telling me that they would throw in a number of items this did not happen due to me not haveing this in the contract stupid me any way loved the boat show