PDA

View Full Version : Sand Pumping Jetty Disgust

punter
17-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Last Wednesday evening my mate and his young son went to the Sand Pumping Jetty to fish the evening session for Tailor. On arraiving on the jetty spots were quite scarce as they were taken up by mainly asian fisherman.

Eventually they got a spot out near the end and threw out there first cast nice and straight, but unfortunitly the gentleman along side them who insisted on fishing with 4 rods and couldn't cast straight tanged them up. they decided to wait til sunset and hoped that the jetty would get a little less crowed.

What happened next had to be seen to be believed, 2 asian lads got tangled up and after about 30 seconds of swaering at each other they come out swingin luckly some of there mates broke it up and one moved to the other end of the jetty.

It seemed that peace had been restored but about 15 minutes later another 2 were tangled and after about 30 seconds of arguing a knife was produced by one of the men and a fight broke out again resulting in one of the asian fisherman being slashed on the arm, all this happening about 10 metres from my mate and his young son.

They left straight away and have vowed never to return to that jetty, he asked me to put this on the internet as a warning to other fisherman of what is going on and from what I now hear is a regular occurance.

jaybee
17-09-2002, 05:41 PM
Hi Punter
I have fished the jetty for the last 4 years on a regular basis..have seen fights..but not the knives..but have been threatened a few times by others mis casts..there was a news item a few years ago where one friend stabbed another to death..but that wasnt on the jetty..I have found most asians okay..on the jetty..like any other race..tho..only takes one bad apple eh..being non asian the best you can do is offer words of wisdom with fishing...don't walk away from a great fishing place because of one incident..there are places you can complain
cheers.