PDA

View Full Version : What time of what month for what fish?

Harrya
20-09-2002, 03:11 AM
Hi all well I was just reading a magazine, A fishing one of course and the article was about Blackfishing.
Something I have never tried as I will never be a Rockhopper .As I am not fast enough to dodge rough wave's.But I do believe that there are other places to catch these beauties.
Also there are many other species of fish that have seasons that are better than other's .
So come on those of you that have this knowledge. Please share it with your fellow fishing friends.And put some input in to this request.
Like the Month, Time of tide? and any other Information that is relevant .
Many thanks for what you are about to devulge.
Happy Days,
Harrya

jaybee
20-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Winter harry when the bream are running boggey creek is good unless you wannna come across the gateway collect ya own weed at wynnum in front of the board walk then back to whyte island..hope this helps
cheers

webby
21-09-2002, 04:17 PM
Hi harrya you going to bribie, so we can catch up.
anyway mate though this might help its a rough guide alot will differ.
species time best
bream all year jun-sept
f/head all year aug-oct
tailor Choppers yearly jun-sept
sweetlip nov-apr
diver wh may-sep
sand wh sep-apr
jew jun-nov
luderick may-oct
dart all year
squire spread out may-dec
schoolies all year down deep aug-mar
spotties oct-apr
parrot scattered summer(daylite)
the above mainly refers to the bay.
hope this help
regards

Harrya
22-09-2002, 02:13 AM
Hi Guys and thanks for the info,
Yes Webby .I hope to get along to Mission Point as it is in by backyard so to say .And I ll know what boat to look for this time , But I will probly take my own boat ,Thanks again for this information I will try to put it to some good use.I just hope the fish Know these time's Lol Lol.
Happy Days
Harrya

BOMBER
22-09-2002, 04:09 AM
Hi Harry,

On Bribie here I find the best times are: Bream June- Sept
Flathead(bigguns) now till Nov
Jack Oct- Feb
Tailor May- late Aug

then out the front of Bribie Mackerel start running late Oct - mid Feb, Tuna are really an all year round proposition these days up here cobia starting to turn up now through till about early March, hope this helps Harry see you at Mission.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

bo_sawyer
22-09-2002, 05:33 AM
Hey mate,
In estuaries tides probaly play a more important role than seasons in most cases. Hide tide around structures will see all the baitfish (mostly herring and mullet) coming into the area for cover, hiding from flathead and bream (choppers and trevally in the morning) And when the tide falls, these baitfish have no option than to retreat to the deeper water. And Flathead take advantage of this, they hide over the dropoffs waiting to ambush baitfish heading to the deeper water.
Whiting are mostly caught on lowtide.
These opinions will vary from place to place! But around the Jacob's Well area there pretty accuret.
Cheers
Bo Sawyer.