PDA

View Full Version : RIS petition coming !

Lucky_Phill
27-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Hold the phone people. Our leader ( Steve ) is getting together a petition for us to present to the Minister and to QFS regarding this RIS.

Stand by for the details in General Chat.

Next thing:-

Henry Palaszczuk
E-mail Address(es):
Inala@parliament.qld.gov.au

This is the Minister to whom you should by emailing NOW. Keep it simple and to the point.

Something like STOP RING NETTING !

Seriously, let him know how you feel, let him know you have made sacrifices already, let him know the Pro's MUST make sacrifices now !

Let him know that your kids want to catch fish like daddy used to !

You're on the Net now, do it NOW !

;D ;D 8) ;D ;D

jaybee
27-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Hi Phil
From the meeting last night Mr Palaszczuk is not answering or interested in any feedback..his hands and lips are tied and nothing is getting past his lackie..seems the government are in more trouble for funding sunfish then sunfish doing the wrong thing..like hello we have been wrong...the funding being pulled from sunfish was from an audit..however the government okayed what sunfish were doing..so the gov is in more deep pooh then sunfish..Get the drift...hope i havent said too much..hard to explain here..but there u go
cheers.

Lucky_Phill
27-09-2002, 03:27 PM
The following is a draft that I have sent to the Minister and a few interested parties ( pollies ).

Feel free to copy and paste, should you wish to make yourself heard.

Henry Palaszczuk
E-mail Address(es):
Inala@parliament.qld.gov.au

"The RIS is Flawed "

RE:- Spotted Mackerel

The commercial harvest ( you have to sow to harvest ? ), over the last 2 years was, on average, was 330 - 360 tonne per year, ( Why do they not know exactly ? )

There are 140 commercial licences for Mackerel, of which 40 target Mackerel. The new quota is to be 150 tonne, divide that by the 40 and you get an average of 3.75 tonne per licence / pro.

Now allow 90 days per year for catching the fish ( this is generous ), and take into account that the first 100 kilo's weighed in will be " not included in the quota ", as unrecorded. 90 days x 100 kilo's = 9000kg's or 9 tonne, plus the 3.75 they are allowed in the quota.

9 tonne plus the 3.75 x 40 pro's equals.....510 tonne. !!!!!!

This RIS is a joke. In real terms the Pro's are winning more stocks.

There is only one way to stop or slow down the slaughter of Spotted Mackerel, and that is to STOP RING NETTING !!!, maybe allow line fishing for Mackerel only. At the very least, a firm 150 tonne quota must be in place. No More !!

imported_admin
27-09-2002, 09:03 PM
Hold the phone people. #Our leader ( Steve ) is getting together a petition for us to present to the Minister and to QFS regarding this RIS.

As soon as I get all the details from you Phill I will get it up and running.