PDA

View Full Version : Narooma

clarkie
28-09-2002, 08:15 AM
Hi
I will be going to Narooma from the 8th till the 14th October any tips on where to fish in the lake.
Regards
Clarkie

spinna
28-09-2002, 05:23 PM
hi Clarkie
mate narooma is a great place to go fishing 8). mate if u go to the tackle shop up the hill nere the post office they will let you know whats on and where to go they are a good bunch of guys if go to the tackle shop on the flat they are ok but i found the best were the guys up the hill. Do you have a boat and if so how big . Im asking you to say if you have one and can get out to the island you gould go for kings/snapper/tuna/marlin/and bonito ive done a lot of fishing down that way and it is about the best .

cheers spinna ;) :)

clarkie
29-09-2002, 07:12 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm16.gifThanks for the info.
Regards
Clarkie

Travis
30-09-2002, 03:18 AM
Clarkie the worst thing about shiffting to the Gold Coast is that Narooma is to far away,mate some of my greatest feats in fishinf have come from within the lake oh and as a bonus you have sensational rock fishing outside and not to mention what fish lie within a few Kilometers from shore.....

But if your talking the lake and if you talking bait try the rock passage that runs from the bridge to Apex boat ramp(maps will show this)great spot for big bream ,whiting,ludrick and big flathead.......The sand flats upstream of the bridge is great for flats fishing(wading or boat) for flathead and whiting on plastics and fly bloodworm colour is great......

The as you travel upstream you will see the water go from 4 ft crystal clear to 12 ft ans weedy this here is a great jew fish spot they wait for the fish,food whatever to drop off this ledge,live mullet work best here.....

Now all the way up the lake is bays of fish so snoop around and look for underwater destruction on the sounder fish small sinkers and hang on......

MY favorite part of Narooma is the racks thousands of racks so if you want to have a crash couse on lures around the racks here is a great place to start,throw hard bodies along them and soft plastics above them and once agin hang on......

Narooma is a special place and a great fishery so enjoy your holiday...

Travis