PDA

View Full Version : Good fishin spots in Gold Coast

bo_sawyer
10-10-2002, 02:54 PM
Hey guys,
Im gettin a small tinnie next year, and im wonderin if use would know any good spots at the Gold Coast for trolling and live baiting?
Cheers
Bo

Araby_Dog
11-10-2002, 06:38 AM
Bo, I've just finished reading the October edition of BushnBeach. Brad Smiths' article on page 29 "Guide to Bradwater" is exactly what your after. Check it out when you can.

Hope this helps

Lucky_Phill
11-10-2002, 12:45 PM
I've had a lot of success ' trolling' at The Rolls Room, Melbas' and Zacs' at Southport.

I'm getting a little older these days, and the targets are changing. Finding it harder to get the prefered species, but persistence usually pays off.

Trouble is remembering where I had the best results and identifying the capture.

8) ??? ;) ;D :P

Lucky_Phill
11-10-2002, 12:45 PM
I know, I know, there's always one.

;D :P ;D ;)

CHRIS_aka_GWH
11-10-2002, 01:05 PM
phil,
as i've got older I've got smarter - learnt from nature.
Let the predators go through the school first then pick up the remnants on the outside, they are normally weakened & wounded, easy pickings.

chris
p.s still pays to troll good structure

bo_sawyer
11-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys,
Haven't heard of any of those places Phil, Any directions mate? And do you think i could sneak out on the hole of the north wall in a tinnie on a really calm day? Probaly pushin my luck there, I know how bad the swells been in there before.
Cheers
Bo.

mackmauler
11-10-2002, 04:22 PM
Phils havn ya on he should no better than leading a junior down his path ;) try down towards surfers and look for short skirts and you'll find his haunts ;D Yeh i used to fish the nth pt in my 11 footer in my younger days nailed some jews and gts often you need line about 15kg or they bust ya on the rocks live baiting is the only way to travel.

sharkbait
11-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Phil - havent had much luck in the spots you suggested, have tried fever but usually end up in the drink anyway...