PDA

View Full Version : junior anglers

chrisjon65
05-10-2002, 02:23 PM
have a young son who loves fishing anjust wondering if any young ones want to talk about fishing at their level
a main JUNIOR ANGLER post might be the go can this happen as hes looking forward to talking to other
9 year old anglers ::)

freddo
05-10-2002, 04:29 PM
hi my name's ryan and i have just joined and i'm 12 and i like to fish alot

dunc
06-10-2002, 08:18 AM
im 13
hey where do you all live then.

freddo
06-10-2002, 08:24 AM
hey dunc i live in fernny hills in brissy how bout u

freddo
06-10-2002, 08:27 AM
hey chris wats doin my real names ryan but every 1 calls me freddo ;D

freddo
06-10-2002, 08:36 AM
hey chris if u like lots of funny stuff u should go to a website called
www.funnyjunk.com its real funny

l8a freddo

freddo
06-10-2002, 08:37 AM
;D but it's a bit rude

bassboy
06-10-2002, 11:33 AM
Hi i'm mitchell I live in blaxland NSW i'm 9.http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm30.gif

dunc
06-10-2002, 04:53 PM
I live in Port Macquarie in NSW.
I love beach and rock fishing althought i am new to fishing.(9 months)

What do you ( everyone reading this) like to catch?

dunc

blaze
06-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Hi to all the youngungs
good to see ya all becoming members,
make ya post a bit longer and ya might teach us old fella's and ladies something
tight lines and
cheers
blaze

lincoln
07-10-2002, 01:40 PM
Hi my names Lincoln and im 10 years old. I quite enjoy wetting a line with my father and cousin. I catch bream, leatherjackets and flathead at my local wharfs and jetties.

linc

bo_sawyer
07-10-2002, 01:53 PM
Hey guys,
my names Bo and i'm 14. I live in brissy and if use other young fellas want to know some simple tips that land me fish, or just wanna talk bout fishin, just let me know ;D
Bo

dunc
07-10-2002, 04:33 PM
hi, bo i live in port macquarie. What fish do you catch mate?

tells us some tips. thanks

dunc

bassboy
08-10-2002, 12:18 PM
Howdy blaze

freddo
08-10-2002, 12:44 PM
hey all wats doin i like to katck flattys, briem,whiting and mangrove jak ;D

bo_sawyer
08-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Hey Dunc,
Kids dont get much of a chance to fish the best times (dawn and dusk)
Neither do they learn how to catch live bait and know the best times to fish.
And the techniques up here
(South QLD) probaly wouldn't suit the snapper and KG whiting etc. down your way.
But the things that work for me are:
1.Both sides of the high tide.
2.Live bait. If not, very fresh
3.Dawn and Dusk times
But in the morning, i like a low tide.
Then the cleaner water comes in for the trevally which favour the cleaner sea water.
Live herring and prawns are to me the best bait in the world!!!
I catch big bream, chopper tailor, and try to catch trevally >:((not always succsefull)
What about you mate?
Cheers

dunc
08-10-2002, 05:39 PM
Well sometimes we do. Im going to fish tommorowfrom 5.00 to ?. Hopefully to catch some bream. Caught 2 alright bream today on fresh prawns.

Thanksfor your tips Bo

Dunc

sonofsooty
08-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Hi,
Hope we can get a junior page as it would be good
We went to catch a Barra yesterday but they all must have been watching TV See Ya Adam

bo_sawyer
09-10-2002, 01:18 PM
Hey dunc,
Good stuff mate. Biggest bream i've got was 41cm, bout u?
Caught the bream at night when there was a huge school of them (big ones to, we averaged bream around 35cm that night)when they were breeding. Caught him on a live herring. It would have been about 12 at night. my Uncle caught a good tailor too.
Cheers

dunc
10-10-2002, 06:56 AM
Bo
Nah i aint ever got one that big. Managed a 31cm model. Still fun on light lines around oyster encrusted pylons. Fought like a king( not really) but there a few tight moments getting the fish away from the pylons.

dunc

bo_sawyer
10-10-2002, 02:49 PM
Hey dunc,
Big bream in and around oysters seem to be extremely picky, I rekon a live prawn with 3 kg main line would probaly land you a few fish(if they dont snag you) but i dont know much about southern oyster breamin. Maybe you should try a high tide around midnight next winter. That would be ideal conditions, and after a period of heavy rain would have flushed the river, which would also get the attention of some school jew. If there caught your way. Well hope you land some bigger fish next trip mate.
Bo.

freddo
10-10-2002, 03:55 PM
hey bo u sure no a lot on fishin maby u could give me a few pointers on what the best bait is for briem as worms r good bait for breim but not the best and i was wondering if u new. Any ways if u do now u no where to find me :P

bo_sawyer
11-10-2002, 03:44 PM
Hey freddo,
It really depends on where and when your fishin. Low tide at night time would probaly see me on the flats chasing whiting and the smaller bream with live yabbies and prawns. High tide I would be fishing deep holes, near structures, and drop offs using live prawns, herring and whitebait. But it really depends whats around that day. Some days live herring won't even get a hit, whereas whitebait will get hammered soon as it reaches the bottom. But it's safe to say live prawns will always be the gun bait.
BUT, Forget bream fishing mate!!!!!
Big flathead, monster jacks and decent GT's will be out in numbers soon. That's when my castnet will be after those herring.
Cheers
Bo.

freddo
13-10-2002, 05:03 AM
hey bo
my dad and i r goin to the mission point trip and i'm hopin to catch sum jack and flattys. thanx for them tips i thaought the best bait for briem was squid and worm well thanx again
cheers freddo