PDA

View Full Version : Sucessfull lures

Brett_Finger
16-10-2002, 05:42 AM
as most of you people know Bomber and i have just returned from a trip north chaseing barra, ;D
we had varied sucess,that is we hooked a whole lot of fish but only landed a % of around 7 to 1landed ;D ;D ;D
as for sucessfull lures,i would have to say the most populer lure used by the Barra boys in the north around the Mackay-Townsville region would have to without a doubt be the new range from Dave Killalea (creator of Killalure) Dave's new rane of lures under the banner of "DK Lures"
is just going through the roof with nurmious captures on many-many species, on the Barra the most sucessfull is the Scale Raza,the local tackle shop at Prosapine had sold 200 of these in the mounth leading up to the competion :o :o :o :o
this alone was enough to sway us in our choice in what to stock,we where not dissapointed...
diveing to depth fast with a slow rise in the boyancy and a flash the streak would be proud of :P :P :P
it was great to fish with and easy to cast.
it's great to see a Queensland product leading the way,
the Arafurea Range.another Queensland product was used by fishing mate Paul Dolan to great sucess!!!
i do not know a great deal of this range, by i know Paul is a reguler here on Ausfish, so he might be able to enlighten us on this product..
Hookin,Brett
Hookin,Brett

BOMBER
16-10-2002, 06:02 AM
I would have to agree with THE BIG FELLA here these 2 great brands of lures manufactured right here in Qld by Qlders were great up in Faust,Lively lures which Paul was useing also make the Micro Mullet plus a range of other great lures for S.E Qld I have a few of the Micros in the tackle Box and they work exceptionally well on Flatties, Bream and have even caught Jack on them here on Bribie, any way thats my 2 cents worth.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Quinny69
16-10-2002, 06:05 AM
The DK Exstream is taking over no1 spot in my Bass box, Great lure....Matt Q

Brett_Finger
16-10-2002, 06:34 AM
I ahve had a look at the DK's Snag Master,from all reports this will be the next step in Jack fishing lures.
i ahve already got some on the way,thay cannot be bought here in Bundaberg...Yet ;D ;D ;D
have a look at www.lures-on-line.com at the full DK Range.
Hookin,Brett

Jack_Lives_Here
16-10-2002, 06:42 AM
Yeh Brett can vouch for the Snag Master. Took a couple to Hinchy with me. Once they were on I didn't bother taking them off. Caught most of my fish on the green coloured one. It's good to see decent hardware straight out of the box.

Been drooooling over me good work shirts keeping up with the posts on Faust. ;D ;D ;D Good stuff.
BRING ON THE JACKS. 8)

Fitzy
16-10-2002, 04:49 PM
BF,
Did yas end up taking any huskies with ya. I'm thinking their neutral bouyancy would be great for dead sticking in their faces. Works at Awoonga.
Good to see some Aussie lures crackin into the gold bomber dominated barra lure area.
Bomber, did you give the SKs a swim?

fitz

Brett_Finger
16-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Fitzy,
Mate,we did have some Huskies with us,but it was hard to put the lures down that were working ;D
we did not have any SK's but plenty of DK's ;D ;D
hahahaha god i'm funney. :P :P
if it has a chrome flash,gold seems to be best.it would work to some degree in there.
the major proublem would be getting the lure to hold in one pice,be it the hardware or the lure,or the lure body we found a few lures hang ing in trees that were just broken to bits with ends broken off and bodies cracked in half,i had a bomber last time i fish the place broken in half :o :o :o
the fish are now Bigger and Meaner!!!!
Hookin,Brett ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mad_Barry
16-10-2002, 05:49 PM
The new "Eyecon" in gold is also gaining a reputation,, pretty well a copy of the popular "Bomber" shallow type lure. I'm not convinced of the the standard trebles though,, ???,, they have the turned in points,,like a circle hook style,, not sure if you'd hook up on the half hearted type strike on 'em,,,most people seem to be changing them over to regular trebles,, time will tell though

Here's a recent pic of a barra of the beach with a "snagamster" in a gold colour. #

Fitzy
16-10-2002, 05:57 PM
I got a pic of a gold bomber that was broken in half first cast at Faust. Bloody scared the bejeezers outta me when 3 leviathan pink eye perch were fightin over it!

I'm lookin for the pic to post up here.

fitz

Brett_Finger
17-10-2002, 02:13 AM
;D ;DHAHHAHAHAHAHA.
oh' yes fond memories. ;D ;D ;D
those fish are around 70lb's now mate,and there waiting for you :o :o
would a beastmaster be overkill??
Hoookin,TBF ;) ;) ;)

BOMBER
17-10-2002, 06:01 AM
Hi Fitzy,

No Mate didn't take any SK's only an oversight to many things to remember but their Gold chrome would have worked a treat.

regards,

THE BOMBER