PDA

View Full Version : ebb tides ???????

chad
19-10-2002, 03:34 PM
hi all,
i want to find out what ebb tides are as ive heard fishing at ebb tides is good.
cant be good unless you know when and what it is.

thanks chad

bo_sawyer
19-10-2002, 04:54 PM
hey chad,
I think the ebb tide is the incoming of water to make a high tide or a ebb tide. Not quiet shore though. Or it might be just an unusually high tide.
Bo.

Harrya
20-10-2002, 02:23 AM
Hi , The ebb tide is as I know it ,
Is when the tide is flowing out Reciding ,to decay,the tide reciding to the sea , Ect as per The Webster Dictionary
Cheers Harrya,

CHRIS_aka_GWH
20-10-2002, 03:20 AM
i always thought the ebb (when used in common talk) referred to when the tide stop flowing ie change of tide - top of tide before run-out & bottom of tide before run-in. I've had luck with school jew on the high ebb when the bait fish shoal, but the whiting seem to go quiet on when there's no current flow.
chris

SteveCan
20-10-2002, 03:37 AM
Lots of different views here...

I thought the ebb tide was the start of the run out.

Wonder what the 'true' definition is?

Cheers
Steve.

aquarius
20-10-2002, 10:38 AM
I have always thought the ebb tide was the run out tide.
Cheers Brent
:)

jack_attack
20-10-2002, 12:12 PM
I will vote for it being the run out tide. As already stated it goes some thing like this........

// noun 1. the reflux or falling of the tide (opposed to flood and flow). 2. a flowing backwards or away; decline or decay. 3. a point of decline: his fortunes were at a low ebb.
--verb (i) 4. to flow back or away, as the water of a tide (opposed to flow). 5. to decline or decay; waste or fade away: his life is ebbing. [Middle English, from Old English ebba]

Volvo
20-10-2002, 03:15 PM
;)Put the case ta rest for yez, it is the run out :).
Cheers

Kerry
20-10-2002, 03:47 PM
That's when the tide is ebb'ing #:D I suppose it can depend on a few things but the flood tide is the better one #;D

Cheers, Kerry.