PDA

View Full Version : Help on price of boat.

RK
15-11-2002, 02:11 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site and hope you can help me. I want to sell my existing boat and update but don't have any idea of what it's worth. It's a '91 savage snipe with 20hp yamaha motor and home built trailer. Many extras- depth sounder, second prop, safety gear etc, etc. All in good condition. Can anyone give me a view on what it would be worth??

Thanks
Ray

gruntahunter
15-11-2002, 02:39 PM
I'll take it all off your hands for the very generous sum of $100 but you'll have to deliver it for that to get that much money. ;D
Seriousl RK how old is the motor is it the same vintage as the savage?
You could also consider keeping your safety gear and sounder and etc to save shitloads as new stuff is pretty dear, and it won't get you any more for your boat with it there.
I don't know what it is worth mate but with all these professors in this club some one will know but welcome any way and watch out for the soft plastic bug thats goin around you dont want to catch that one ::)

Big_Kev
15-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Mate the boat is worth as much as someone is willing to pay .
Give yourself a couple of months to sell it .
Have a look around the yards and you will get an idea of what the top money is and start there .
The trading post is the best bet .
Every one who wants to buy something will be looking there for sure and its online straight up .
Take Proffessor Grunta PHD advice and keep your sounder and safety gear unless you want to get new with the next boat .
But most of all be patient and you will be sure to settle on a sale that you will feel confident with .
Also be sure top post it on this site as when I was selling my boat I had a couple of replies from here .
Cheers Proffessor Reel Batchelor of Boat Price Evaluation and all other ascociated Bullxxxx.

Amberjack
16-11-2002, 04:19 AM
Ray

The market will ultimately decide the price, but you have to start somewhere. These guys are right, check out places like Boatpoint and the Trading Post, where you can enter basic details of your boat and see if you get any hits.

If you advertise it, make sure you put plenty of detail so you eliminate tyre kickers. E.G. - Hull Brand, Model, Length, Year of manufacture. - Motor make, size and year. Accessories such as electronics, covers, rocket launchers. Indicate if package is registered

Be careful taking old electronics off as you can further devalue the boat if you leave holes and sun fade lines. Also, new electronics have much more to offer these days, so you may be better off leaving the old stuff on as an added attraction.

You can also make the extras part of the bargaining process.

Cheers

AJ

RK
16-11-2002, 04:38 AM
Hi,

Thanks guys good ideas and the web site of Boat Point helped.

gruntahunter
16-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Thanks Kev it's bout time you realised how intelligent the old grunta really is. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm39.gif

Big_Kev
17-11-2002, 03:13 AM
Well Proffessor Grunta it is good to see that you have complete your Batchelor of Diplomacy as well .
Proffessor Reel