PDA

View Full Version : caged fish seminar

Chuong
20-11-2002, 06:58 AM
Developing new industries: cage culture of marine fish- Greenie’s nightmare or a brave new clean and green industry?

Presented by Dr Peter Young
Monday 25th November 1:00 PM
Steele Building Room 309
Uni of QLD

jaybee
20-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Sounds interesting but due to work commitments let me out :( So which way does Dr Young lean then Chuong, be interesting to find out
cheers.

gruntahunter
20-11-2002, 03:24 PM
I bet he is from Tasmania, they'll keep on trying to f@@k up our bay so let all of us be vigilent.

jaybee
20-11-2002, 03:36 PM
yeah grunt had and interesting topic going on this before the board was hacked, makes you wonder eh.
cheers

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-11-2002, 04:19 PM
G'Day Chuong,I will certainly go along (with no preconcieved ideas)& listen to what is proposed/views :-X & then form my own opinion if this bloke is here to push his/their barrow it would soon become evident even to a dope like me but till then I would like to speak to you & get an unbaised view from you which I'm sure you would offer,I'm busier than a one legged bloke in a arse kicking comp.but I'd love to get time for a quick chat before then.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

Kerry
20-11-2002, 04:39 PM
It's also interesting knowing who "finances" some of these types of "studies" and what the connections "actually" are.

I don't suppose there will be any outside Brisbane ;), will there ;D

Cheers, Kerry.

Chuong
22-11-2002, 05:20 AM
Will try and make it to the talk.

I guess it would either be the GOV and/or Industry which would provide funding.

I think the data will not be rigged, but how it's used or how much is revealed will be another story.

Touchy - R.I.P.
22-11-2002, 03:50 PM
OK Fishos,Dont post questions here,make the effort if you are local, get the finger out & get there & ask,I'm hopefull of gaining & opinion for or against if the seminar is openly informative,Anyone interested in my view after the event(as a completly mugs view) :-/ :-/ :-/.T.><> ><> ><>

Kerry
22-11-2002, 04:37 PM
It would be a long finger effort or not, so looks like it will be an after event replay as long as there's not a lot of smoke, magic and mirrors .

Cheers, Kerry.