PDA

View Full Version : Moral Question

Jewmaster
20-11-2002, 08:29 AM
Would you catch a couple of fish each at one spot and than go home or will you fish on untill you have caught your bag limit and filled your esky

Brett_Finger
20-11-2002, 09:39 AM
I ticked the bottom one, but i usually don't keep any fish,if i do it's one or two flatheads (small males)
Hookin,Brett

Jack_Lives_Here
20-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Ditto to BF. I'm not a big fish eater. Don't mind some nice fresh whiting or flatty though.

scott_b
20-11-2002, 11:32 AM
Same , but I do keep a couple redfin sometimes.
wamjam.

SteveCan
20-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Interesting question,

Normally I would only ever keep a feed for that day, but I have been eating a lot of fish lately and it has come from the market #:(

Next time I get amongst a few I intend to keep more than a feed to help out with the Christmas barbies etc.

I have had a really poor spell lately, but once that's over I will go back to just keeping a feed again. #;)

Cheers
Steve.

gruntahunter
20-11-2002, 03:16 PM
I keep everything I catch no matter what size or how many. I consider that all the times I have been without any fish then I've got a lot of catching up to do and will never break even with the limits.
Even jennies and 100mm bucks taste the same, you don't know what your missing. The small contraband that I take wouldn't make 1 iota of a difference to the fish numbers so stuff all the regulations, I'm doing it 4 myself!

gruntahunter
20-11-2002, 03:17 PM
;)

jack_attack
20-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Depends what sort of fishing. If I am after a feed of whiting I will catch a feed and then go and chase some flatties on lures for the fun of it.

Jack fishing I may keep one or two for a feed but normally they all go back. I will still keep fishing for the hell of it letting the rest go.

Beach fishing I will catch a feed and then go back to camp.

Lure fishing they all go back no matter what they are.

scottem
21-11-2002, 01:26 AM
its good to keep a feed and some to freeze then i release the rest i do hate to see wasted fish though.like when you see fish just dumped in the bin at the ramp or in the bush when out camping.just catch what you can use. cheers
scott

scottem
21-11-2002, 01:27 AM
its good to keep a feed and some to freeze then i release the rest i do hate to see wasted fish though.like when you see fish just dumped in the bin at the ramp or in the bush when out camping.just catch what you can use. cheers
scott

scottem
21-11-2002, 01:29 AM
scott

scottem
21-11-2002, 01:35 AM
i like to keep a feed and some to freeze for fishless times.i hate to see wasted fish like when you see fish dumped in the bin at the ramp or in the bush when camping.just catch what you can use.
cheers scott

Jewmaster
21-11-2002, 05:47 AM
Thankyou for the replies and votes, its good to see there is only one person who seems to think it is appropiate to rape the fish stocks, good to see the majority aren't ignorant of the impact we ALL have on fish stocks no matter how small we feel our impact is.

Have a great one http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm32.gif

Dominator
21-11-2002, 07:27 AM
Thats a good question JM. ???

Generally when i go fishing i never even reach my limit on fish. :(

However when i do get onto a few i will keep what i consider to be enough for a feed.

As i love my fish that can be a few ;D

Cheer,

Dominator.

gruntahunter
21-11-2002, 02:15 PM
Hey Jewie I think the best sort of fishing is to net the whole river from one side to the other mate with a very small guage net so nothing can escape you.Sometimes some idiot in aboat messes up your net with their outboard, you were there first so they should have more respect for a persons property.
::) ::)

angelena
24-11-2002, 08:44 AM
People like gruntahunter give the rest of us bad names. You sound like a total moron. >:( Wake up to yourself. Lets just hope he doesn't have kids all we need is a new generation who think this way. Answering the question I rarely keep more than 1 feed.

adrian
24-11-2002, 10:05 AM
just a feed would be all i take if i can get out there. after all a feed of fresh fish beats frozen fish any day .

anzac

Simon
24-11-2002, 10:18 AM
;) ;)

I'm with grunta using square hooks isn't really fishing so you should be exempt from the regs and be allowed keep what ever you want.

Grunta, I'm so glad that fella hit your net and not mine which was just down stream from yours. mind you it was amusing to see him paddle all the way back to the ramp. The silly bugger.

gruntahunter
24-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Thanks Simon it's good to see someone can see a joke when its there in front of them.
Hey Angelena lighten up, I am only jokin and I do have 2 boys who love to fish and probably have released more fish than they have kept! If you come to our Ausfish M&G you would get to know us fellas better and wouldn't call us "morons"...... well probably not anyway. One of my boys is an ausfish member called Freddo and he was laughing when I put those posts out.
Now just for those that don't have a sense of humor or make rash statements without engaging brain first, my answer to Jewies question is .....I take only fish that I am going to eat with my family, Idon't take fish to feed other people, and I always release larger specimens .OK....(except for female crabs).... only jokin angelenER.

Fisherman02
24-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Now I really can't get over that Angelina thought you were serious.
Yer Grunta bring out the longliners, drag nets and lets get those fish outta there lol.
Anyways guys I like dom never catch my bag limit and would very rarely take much more than 5 fish home the rest I would happily release the rest of the fish. The fight is what most people are after the fish is the treat!
cheers jack

sav
24-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Hi ya Jewmaster
I try to take home 1 or 2 yellow belly from the dams for the family.
Went for a year on total catch and release and afraid my wife started to have doubts i was even putting the boat in.
So bringing at least one fish home keeps me in the good books.
Sav

adriancorrea
24-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Geese Grunta if only we could all get bites like that when we were out in the water LOL :D
Hook Line and Sinker ::)

I myself dont eat fish very often so what I do take home usually goes to my parents or friends.

Tight Lines
Adrian

fishsmith
25-11-2002, 03:18 PM
I only keep enough for my family to eat that night or the next day.. NO frozen fish for this black duck, you can get them from the supermarket, and support the http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gifpro's with their nets anytime..
You can,t beat fresh fish and its a good excuse to go back and hunt some more...

Smithy...........

angelena
26-11-2002, 04:56 AM
SORRY IF I TOOK YOUR REPLYS TOO SERIOUSLY BUT I KNOW OF A COUPLE OF PEOPLE UP IN MY AREA WHO ACTUALLY THINK LIKE THAT.UNFORTUNATELY ONE IS MY BROTHER IN LAW WHO AFTER I SHOWED HIM A GOOD FISHING SPOT TOOK ALL HIS PRO MATES UP THERE AND HAS PREETY MUCH WIPED OUT MOST OF THE GRUNTER STOCKS. >:( LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME WE WERE CATCHING HEAPS NOW WE'RE LUCKY TO CATCH MORE THAN 3 OR4 LEGAL SIZE. SO SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU OR ANY ONE ELSE,I'LL TRY TO LIGHTEN UP A BIT. :)

gruntahunter
26-11-2002, 12:05 PM
You're kewl angelena, no problems and you r right there r some bastards out there who don't give a rats arse bout the future so lets hope they get less with each generation .At least our generation is really trying to stem the tide if u would excuse the pun. ;)

Vern_Veitch
26-11-2002, 05:30 PM
I'll bet you are a lure fisher grunta.
I'm with the rest of you. Love a feed of fish but it tastes much better fresh. If it has to stay in the freezer more than 2 weeks it is better off back in the water. Give the little ones a chance to get big and leave the big females if the cap fits.
And always practice what you preach.
Vern

Volvo
27-11-2002, 04:36 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm6.gifSheesh i can see the competitions gunna be full on at them pearly gates ey, wander whether they will have enough of them wings ta go round ???.
Cheers

Simon
27-11-2002, 10:30 AM
Although I do love a feed of fresh fish, I can't remember the last time I kept some for a feed. I get to much enjoyment from seeing them swim away. I wish I could live in a giant air bubble under the sea.

Cheers

Simon

Oh, I'm also too lazy to clean them and carry the esky full of ice needed.