PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish Soft Plastics seminar.

Randall
19-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Sorry for the delay in wacking this up fellas. I have a mudmap of the campus but it scans like a dead mullets eyes so it would be a waste of space to put it up.
I`ll get a map in the next few days and have another go.
Meantime.....here`s the info in written format:

As you all know the date is 29-11-02. The location is St Lucia Campus. The kick off is 7-00pm.

We have a lecture theatre booked that holds 110 anglers. Its building 43. Its called the Frank White Building.

Come in via Sir William McGregor Drive and look for the Ausfish signage that will direct you to the Ticket machines where you will have to get a $2 parking ticket. They are on the same Drive #down about 200mtrs.

After you have your parking thingy, hang a U and first on the right is College RD. Then left into Cooper Rd and park in any of the available carparks that you see.

There will be Ausfish signs to make this as painless as possible.

I will post a map shortly for those that are intimidated by bad directions which I am a master at!! #;-)

Randall.

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-11-2002, 03:55 AM
Oh Master of Bad Directions,You have truly excelled yourself on this one :P,Even having (worked :o)been at the Uni for 20 years I could'nt find the blding with that set you just posted,I better get Voltzy(private joke)to show me eh!!. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Randall
20-11-2002, 04:04 AM
Geez Touchy, your a creul man. I looked at your own publication and devised those directions!!!
Its real simple when you have the map in front of you!!

I`ll get to it and get something up.

Randall.

jaybee
20-11-2002, 04:26 AM
maybe a gps mark would be more simple guys, then we could get someone with a hand held to guide us ;D ;D
cheers.

Lucky_Phill
20-11-2002, 03:42 PM
That'd be OK JB, but if we used Bugmans GPS we'd all end up at the RE. !

Which I suppose wouldn't be so bad. ;)

Yep Randall, looks like I got a little crew together and we'll be there.

;D 8) ::) ??? ;)

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-11-2002, 04:02 PM
G'Day Gang,If anyone really gets lost there will be a few of us there early & we can guide you in,there will be plenty of ausfish signs up on campus & I'll post a few mobile numbers up closer to the date,anyone wants to come over a bit earlier say 5:pmish can join us in a pizza & a coldie.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

Lucky_Phill
20-11-2002, 05:03 PM
Pizza and Beer.........mmmmmmmm

let me think about that one.. DOH !

sounds good.

I'll let ya know Fred ;D ;) :P

adriancorrea
20-11-2002, 05:45 PM
Count me in for that pizza and beer touchy
Are you driving us all home or just drawing mud maps lol

Tight Lines
Adrian

lordy
21-11-2002, 07:46 AM
http://www.uq.edu.au/maps/index.phtml?backURL=http://www.uq.edu.au/about/index.html?id--1042__highlight--map&menu=1

Attached is a blown up version of where the building is. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gif

Big_Kev
21-11-2002, 01:09 PM
Great map but where is St Lucia ???

gruntahunter
21-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Hey Randall do those mongrel traffic cops at the uni police at night as well?

Randall
22-11-2002, 03:54 AM
Yeah mate. Apparently we have to get those $2 parking tickets from the machines as you come in.

BTW...love the little cuttie with the bad attitude with finger up in your photo!!! Priceless!!

Randall.

Brett_Finger
22-11-2002, 04:24 AM
Randall,
I'll be there, see you on Friday ! ;D
Hookin,Brett

Big-D
22-11-2002, 04:40 AM
;DHi boy's, the ticket machine's are along sir william macgregor drive.So make sure you get your ticket or the cops
will give you a $50 dollar fine. Parking is at the end of coopers
road, near biulding 43. So i hope you all can find the joint.
Peter.

lordy
22-11-2002, 12:38 PM
Great map but where is St Lucia ???

http://www.arta.com.au/qldmaps/brisubs.htm

halfway between map 7 and map 8.

gruntahunter
22-11-2002, 03:03 PM
do we need a certain "class" of parking permit to park in Coopers Rd guys as this is pretty central in the Uni and normally reserved for academics .

Touchy - R.I.P.
22-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Grunt,The "class" tickets for the brain class is in the red zones but from 3pm to 9pm you can use the red zones with ya' "normal" ticket,Mate just turn up with a six pack & a pizza under the arm & I'll see what I can do for ya!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :P.T.><> ><> ><>

aussiebasser
22-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Hmmmmmm, Pizza, Beer and Frangers. I'll be in that.
Upon graduation, can I have a PHD in Piscatorial Prophylacticology?

seqfisho
22-11-2002, 04:09 PM
U funny Dale,

Just glad you didn't say piscatorial proctolagy :o :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::)

And Randall count me in, although I think that I've already let you know that on another post.

BTW; is there any height restrictions in the parking area as I will probably be in the work van.

Glen

Eat Sleep FISH!!!!!!!!!

Touchy - R.I.P.
22-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Dale is that short for Frangerology? :PT.><> ><> ><>.

Touchy - R.I.P.
22-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Seqfisho,No mate no restrictions.T.><> ><> ><>.

seqfisho
22-11-2002, 04:21 PM
If I come home smelling of beer , pizzas and rubber ;D ;D ::) ::) it will be curtains for me, the missus will be in a stink all weekend. ;D ;D ;D

Spouse I could then go fishing both days and not get any deeper in the sh#* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Glen

Eat Sleep FISH!!!!!!!!!

fishsmith
23-11-2002, 12:20 PM
I'll be there, look forward to meeting some of you characters in person instead of staring at the text upon the dark crystal here.

cheers Smithy..

Randall
26-11-2002, 03:50 AM
5 days to go. Brownie and I are putting together a few final touches and Steve (Ausfish) has some givaways/prizes organized.

Look forward to seeing you all there to chew the fat and generally catch up.

Randall.

bugman
26-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Damn

Looks like I'm out. Forgot the Xmas party for work was on that night and I've already shelled out the $60 few months ago.

Randall
26-11-2002, 08:44 AM
Geez mate, you have to shell out for the work X-mas thing??

Bummer.

Not to worry, catch you next time we have a get together.

Have fun at the work do!!

Randall.

jaybee
26-11-2002, 02:58 PM
hey brett you should invite everyone along for beer and pizza, then seminar to kick start things eh, who knows you all might end up pissed and fishing with rubbers for the night...
cheers.

bugman
27-11-2002, 04:58 AM
Yeah JB, I'll come along just to say GDay to everyone then head over to the work do. I see them every day so no need to rush

Bugmn

Randall
30-11-2002, 04:14 AM
Tonights the night.
Just re-capping....you will need a parking permit from the ticket machines.
Park in any of the designated areas close to Building 43.

Most of our guest speakers have confirmed thier coming so the whole night should be of interest to us all.

Randall.

Randall
30-11-2002, 07:04 AM
Also got a few lucky door prizes we are giving away so be sure to pick up a ticket on the way in to be in the draw.

Randall.

craigie
30-11-2002, 08:34 AM
Have a great night all those that are attending, unfortunately I am unable to get to this one.

I will have to arrange a fishing trip with an attendee, so I can be shown some of the techniques I've missed out on.

Cheers
Craigie. ;D ;D ;D

jaybee
30-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Last minute change of plans for me, don't think i will make it, just received a phone call, my driver has been called away :'( :'( but its 5 pm and the beer n pizza will be flowing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa