PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Theft

clutter
15-12-2002, 06:01 PM
I made mention a little while ago about someone from my work having their trailer knocked off. Good news, the culprits were found. Seems they flogged the trailer to use in another crime to rip off a boat that was moored on a jetty somewhere. Apparantly their neighbours noticed something a bit fishy going on and called the Police. They were also found in the posession of a bit of other "hot" gear as well. Well done to the neighbour and the Police.
Clutter.

Jewmaster
17-12-2002, 10:44 AM
Good job, anyone who steals fishing gear has something very bad coming there way.

Had both my rods and reels stolen and have never got over it, One was a rod I had for a long time.

Wesley_Pang
17-12-2002, 03:01 PM
Guys,

I had my 20hp Mercury stolen off the back of my tinny a couple of Easters ago.

I had it parked on the street outside the unit my family was holidaying in Palm Beach Gold Coast. I chained the wheels.

They unbolted the engine. They took nothing else.

I'd advise all be careful with your boat and gear this holidays. There are some real lowlifes around, that don't respect other peoples possessions.

Wes

murnan
17-12-2002, 04:28 PM
my boss had his trailer nearly taken but someone scared them of they were that dumb they tried to bolt cut the lock insted of the chain,
all they steal for is drug money
all they are just a bunch of wankers
ryan

Brian
17-12-2002, 05:54 PM
Well to every bad story i guess there is a good one ....... well i hope so at least.

Anyway club members where fishing the pine the other day returned to the ramp at deep water bend and there was this Hornet with a merc with no one around.

The clubbie contacted the police and bugger me it was a stolen rig so an address and stuff was given to the police so i hope the owner is once again a happy owner of a hornet.

I guess one lucky owner.

Brian

fishsmith
18-12-2002, 03:27 AM
I had a custom superstick surf rod and reel knocked off from the rod holder on my 4bee at Woorim,Bribe Is last summer.I was parked in the carpark of the pub replenishing supplies for the beach at the time and was only away from my car for about 15 mins.I am still pretty bitter about that one >:( >:( >:(.
So keep an eye on yours and others gear and report anything suspicious.

And too the lowlifes mrs Karma's gunna get ya eventually ;) ;)

Dominator
18-12-2002, 06:46 AM
Hows This?

I had an elderley fisho come into my shop last week tell me how his old 4 metre boat was stolen from outside the frount of his house. >:( >:(

He said that he had packed the boat in readiness for his annual trip up the coast with all his gear. When he woke to go early the next day the boat, trailer and all his fishing gear was gone. >:( >:( >:(

The wost thing is that his insurance company won't pay him out.

What's the world coming to if you can't leave your boat out the front of your house for a few hours without it getting pinched.

Cheers,

Dominator.