PDA

View Full Version : THE MOON

big_george
27-12-2002, 03:34 AM
Whats the best moon phase to chase those DAAAAAAAAAAAM impoundment barra. ??? ;D
Regarding cod and yellowbelly,old timers used to say leadind up to the full moon was the go.What do all you ausfish anglers think.??? ;D
cheers BIG GEORGE. ;D
PS.FAUST FISHING ROCKS.

team_mongo
27-12-2002, 05:13 AM
George,
I fish Tinaroo every year, and I assume Faust fish are not too different. Folklore has it that the best fishing is on the runup to the full moon, but I can honestly say that I've found no difference. The trip several weeks ago, was during a new moon, and as you can see we did OK ;D ;D. One thing I will say is that it's a hell of a lot easier to fish and navigate at night on a full moon than on a new moon! I got all my fish during the day, maybe because its harder to feed at night on a new moon. Conversely, I found they bite better at night on a full moon.

These are just my observations.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
George

Brett_Finger
27-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Biggy,
Mate i know fishing ledgends Jack Erskine - Laurie Woodbridge - Harro and George Cambell all like the 4 nights leading up to the Full,"Wood" also swares by the 4th night after the full,that puts the moon around my Favourites, 2-3 before the first quarter ;D
Hookin,Brett ;)

big_george
29-12-2002, 01:37 PM
To brett and george. ;D
Thanks for the reply.At faust we caught fish all around the moon.I feel water temp and that darn wind from the south are contributing factors to ones success.. ; ;D
Have a happy new year.Big george.