PDA

View Full Version : Fishing bug

jack_attack
30-12-2002, 05:41 PM
My 10 year old son has got it big time. The fishing bug that is. After nearly destroying all my rods and reels I thought it was time to get him a rod of his own that he can destroy.

Now I get the persistant "can we go fishing today" thing from him.

Any way, we had a bit a birthday to go to yesterday at Beachmere, right on the water front. My son asked if his mate could come and if they could take their fishing rods.

I let him know that it was blowing Moreton closer to beachmere but that didn't faze him. Bought him a pack of prawns on the way, and they pumped some yabbies when we got there.

Didn't see him or his mate for about 3-4 hours. When they did come in out of the gail they had 10 nice whiting to show for their efforts.

The very first question I was aked was "can we come back tomorrow"

As of today they have started asking neighbours if they can do jobs for them. Seems they now want to buy a tinny. They are off to a good start with a mate offereing them $40 bucks to weed his gardens. They worked for 3 hours this arvo, and are going back tomorrow to finish it.

Have to admire determination I reckon.

michael_mad_fisho
31-12-2002, 07:14 AM
gday
i hope one day when i grow up and have kids they are as eager as that and that if there is still fish around in 15 years r so .
michael.

Jewmaster
31-12-2002, 10:29 AM
I agree with michael ,it is up to us to ensure that we have fish for the future, its seems that DAD needs to catch the bug himself.

Its amazing the amount of energy some kids have for fishing, Good on him, hope he enjoys it for the rest of his life.
Have a good one.

spinna
31-12-2002, 01:37 PM
well well
Alls i can say is i hope when i grow up im still keen to go out in the wind and rain and try to get a feed and im 42. Good luck to the young ones and let them enjoy while they still can.

cheers spinna 8) ;)