PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Fishing Clubs

Cubesy
31-12-2002, 03:51 PM
I read a recent post by Ron Collins that metioned the Redland Bay Amateur Fishing Club.

Redland Bay is a bit far out of the way for me. Does anyone know of any Amateur fishing clubs around the south eastern suburbs of Brisbane.

Thanks

Cubesy

clutter
31-12-2002, 04:32 PM
What type of fishing are you after, Esturary, Deep Sea?

Cubesy
01-01-2003, 07:29 AM
I was thinking estuary fishing.

clutter
01-01-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm in a deep sea club but if its estuary that you are after, have a look through the Bush'n'Beach fishing magazine. There are numerous write ups from clubs around Brisbane in there. Not sure if they have contact details though but I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out.

If you are ever after a deep sea club give me a yell.

Cheers, Clutter.

sharkbait
01-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Try victory AFC, the majority of their trips are to the broadwater, pin and nerang areas, as well as one per season to south straddie and moreton Island. They have A, B and reserve grades. get yourself a copy of bush n beach and look for the victory write up by Anthony wishey, it has his number at the bottom and he is very helpful.

sharkbait
01-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Clutter, are you in PBA, if so which boat do you fish out of? cheers, sharkbait.

Cubesy
01-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Thanks Guys

I'll buy the magazine and have a look into it. (are you guys on commission?)

Just out of interest, how competitive does it get? I don't think I would be in line for any trophies. I would just be happy to catch a few fish, and learn a few tricks.

Regards

Cubesy

clutter
01-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Sharkbait,
Yes I'm a member of the PBA, I'm also on the committee and I usually fish on Elite 1 with Greg. Are you in the club?
Cheers, Clutter.

sharkbait
02-01-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm not in the club but have fished a few times as a visitor aboard GM with Gordon Minnett and Wally Ittehnson.
I havent been out in about a year now though, I should get around to joining sometime.

clutter
02-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Always welcome, I think the next meeting is in February.
Clutter.

Jeremy
04-01-2003, 07:16 AM
Hi Cubesy,

the Brisbane Sportfishing Club meets every month at Bulimba. It is an ANSA club. For more info on ANSA and BSFS see:

www.ansaqld.com.au
www.ansaqld.com.au/Brisbane%20SFC1/index.htm

I am a member of the BSFS. I like the ethics associated with the ANSA movement which encourages quality rather than quantity.

Jeremy