PDA

View Full Version : hello from murrells inlet

tideline_two
05-01-2003, 06:59 AM
hope to not be a viewed has a interloper but i'm form the USA just joined yesterday thought i say " hi yall " from south carolina. enjoy the sight and tight lines.

Volvo
05-01-2003, 08:00 AM
:)Happy New year and welcome onboard tideline_two.

clutter
05-01-2003, 08:33 AM
John,
You'll have to tell us about what sort of fishing you get up to over there. Pretty cold at the moment I'd guess. Have you got any pictures you could show us?

Cheers, Clutter.

mackmauler
05-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Tideline-two, some very famous grounds in your part of the world, I've got dozens of "Marlin" magazines from the 80s passed onto me and have noticed firstly the quality of the boats and the offshore fishing produces much the same fish as available off the Brisbane coast.

Cheers

tideline_two
06-01-2003, 06:30 AM
its a little chilly here right now.highs around 50-55 f. the fishing is still good in the guld stream. (if you can get there..kind of rough this time of year)inshore the speckeled trout are hitting fair amd the red drum are hitting also.well thanks for the welcome! and i hope to learn a few tricks from yall that i can adapt to our fish. tight lines and calm seas .
john

Brett_Finger
07-01-2003, 04:31 AM
Welcome aboard mate,
hope you enjoy the site as much as we do.
please feel free to post so fishing reports from over the puddle,i'd love to hear how the fishing is going over there.
Hookin,Brett ;D

Jack_Lives_Here
07-01-2003, 05:02 AM
Gidday John,
How about posting a couple of pics of the specled trout and red drum. I have no idea what they are but might be similar to other species we catch down under.

tideline_two
07-01-2003, 07:35 AM
i'll have to find some pictures and post 'em. so far from what i've seen yall's spanish mackrel are VERY similar to our king mackrel. we also have a smaller species of mackrel that we call spanish mackrel. the spanish we have only get up to about 10 lbs. we also have cobia same speices yall have. the cobia make a spawning run in the spring in one river here. the broad river near beauford s.c. awesome fishing. you will normaly get a shot at 5 to 15 fish a day . up to around 80lbs.
just wondering the bass i see in the phots section look like our largemouth bass. are they?
other fish the same are bluefin tuna,mullet , and tarpon. right now the bluefin are running hard at cape hatteras. up to about 500lbs.can only keep 1 fish per year!but the catch and release fishing is awesome ... up to 10-15 fish per day on a good day.hatteras is about 175 miles north of where i'm from . don't get up there often.

mackmauler
07-01-2003, 08:22 AM
The Giants are similar to the southern blues found around tasmania and across the bottom of australia, very decimated by commercial fishing and havn't heard of fish over 100kilos by amateurs in recent times, the northern blues which most of us members have access to are very like the blackfin tuna grow to about 30 kilos, here is a pic.

Cheers

Jack_Lives_Here
07-01-2003, 08:22 AM
Mate - I'd be stuffed after one 500lb fish let alone 10-15 a day. Our tuna are starting to run - Northern Bluefin. Mostly around 10kg mark. Still trying for one on the fly rod ;D ;D
Those Tarpon get huge over there. Love to chase them one day.