PDA

View Full Version : Have to Tell someone

Jewmaster
25-12-2002, 04:48 AM
Went out barra fishing with a good mate of mine last wet, half way throughtt he day and no fish he hooked up a small barra witha fluky cast, no worries, draged it to the boat and starte to get the hooks out, next thing i know he screams in pain and i turn arounf to find 2 hooks in his hand and the barra still connected to the hooks flapping around all over the place.

After a couple of seconds of shcok I jumped up, grabbed the fish and tried to get the hooks out of the fish to start with, so while I siting on the floor trying to pull the hooks out, my mate faints and keals over on top of me in the boat, he is a big boy and it took atlot of effort to just get him off me, well now he was out cold so Igott he hooks out of the fish no worries, but when I tried to get thehooks from his hand we woke up with, completly forgot what had been happening, looked at his hand and fainted straight up. I was starting to get spooked becuae i thought he was going into shock or somehting, fishing on private property, headed back to the launch site ad found one of the local ladies who works as a mango picker, her exact words "Stop being a BITCH and let me pull the hooks mate", he fainted again, this time whel he was out we pulled the hooks and he awoke, no worries, went straght back on the water and he nailed his biggest barra to date.

I have been banned from telling any of my mates about it so I had to share it with you guys...

Dominator
25-12-2002, 05:16 AM
Youch! :o :o :o :o :o

I saw a similar thing happen to my mates dad. We were on our annual Queens Birthday Fishing Trip and decided to take our fathers. :)

While fishing off the back of the houseboat i heard an almighty yelp, when i went up stairs i found Araby Dog's dad with a Gamagatzu hook inbedded in his hand. :o

We made the trip back down stairs and after a couple of nips of scotch and some delicate plier work the hook was removed from our patient's hand. ;)

Cheers,

Dominator.

Beggsy
25-12-2002, 05:30 AM
Now that remids me of a story I saw on one of these boards sometime ago. Some bloke landed a large Yellowbelly and sat down to unhook it in his lap - inevitably the fish wriggles and he ended up with a treble complete with wriggling Yellowbelly attached to his scrotum - and (as you would) he jumped up and started dancing around !!!!
I only wish they'd posted pictures with the story !!!

Jewmaster
25-12-2002, 06:42 AM
I seen people using 2 hooks on a rig, place a threadfin samlon betweem therre knees to pull the hook, smae thing happend, hook in the old fellar, now he uses pliers like the rest of us to get the hooks out.

bugman
25-12-2002, 07:32 AM
Beggsy, I think it was me who posted that yarn about the yellowbelly on that "other" website.

It was told to me by owner of Mullet Gut Marine in Toowoomba Peter Taylor. Happend to a mate of his at Leslie Dam near Warwick.

He told me and few others in his shop one day. The action that went with the story had us rolling around on the floor - hard to forget.

One set of trebles strategically placed - the other set of trebles supporting a thrashing 3 pound yella about 1 foot off the ground.

It still makes my eyes water.

Bugman

mackmauler
25-12-2002, 10:03 AM
What a chicken ;D I would want that that quiet as well, a video camera would of been great, Never been lucky enough for a fish to faint on the hook ;D

Jewmaster
25-12-2002, 10:08 AM
Fish no faint, mate faint, keel over like a girl and half squash me, was scary at the time, but ican laugh at it now, becuase it wasn't me with a hook in the hand..

stik
25-12-2002, 01:34 PM
My dad bent over behind my mom to get another lure out of his tackle box one time and she attempted a cast and sunk two hooks of a treble hook into his ass. Actually hooked his cheeks together. Dad was bent over and yelling, mom was cutting on his pants and laughing so hard she was crying and impressionable young lad that I was......I never forgot any of the new words I learned that day. Your parents can teach you so much.
Benny

Muzzy
28-12-2002, 03:24 PM
hahahahahahahahaha...

love the hook stories...

one of me mates wouldnt let us pull it out so we snipped the split rings and he wore the hook for half the day.

Mono mate works a treat its that quick ya aint got time to hurt and bitch about it all.

Reckon your mate owes you a carton for that one, and fancy fainting on ya, didnt know us fellas could faint up here in the territory...

Chris_J
28-12-2002, 04:21 PM
Bugman

Peter can be a funny bugger at times ;). . .all the boys at mullet gut have ways of makin u laugh til ya cry. . . i have seen young carl pull some beauties will we've been out fishin. . .there are some champion stories :D :D

Chris_J

caveman
09-01-2003, 05:49 PM
yeah we can all laugh about it after it happens, iwas at awoonga last easter and cast a lure and got caught in weeds & i gave it a flick and it came flying back i thought i was pretty smart using my hand to block it until i look down and seen the lure dangling from my wrist burried to the curl of the treblen :o after i looked, no plyers i went to another boat to get it out but he couldent cut the thing & it was hooked on the tendons in my arm ended up getting 1 of the rangers to get it out 1hr later