PDA

View Full Version : aussy fish park

caveman
12-01-2003, 10:30 AM
has any wone fished at the australia fish park at BLI-BLI i was there in early novem i had a ball lost a lot of good fish as you can only use light gear because the big barra can see the line but i still managed to land quite a few, not to mention it was cheap as chips for the whole day :)

aquarius
12-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi Caveman...yep fished there last year for about 4 hours....caught a variety of fish species.....good value for money....think it cost me $25 for the day...this included a container filled with bait(dry pellets).
Great day out for the whole family....can't wait to hook up to one of those barra on my next visit!!
Cheers Brent ;D

Wesley_Pang
13-01-2003, 02:51 PM
Guys,

I'm thinking of taking my 2 young sons there next weekend.

I hear the "bite" happens just before dusk.

Can you take your own gear? I might take my fly rod. A pellet fly would be deadly.

How about lurefishing? Do you have to use single hooks or are trebles allowed?

Wes

aquarius
13-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi Wes...mate i used my own gear...tried some lures aswell but had the best results on the pellets.
I guess thats what the guys are feeding them.
Its all catch and release by the way...but they tell me you can buy a barra at a price!!
You and your sons will love it there...just hope the fish are hungry for that fly mate.
Cheers Brent
ps. let us know how your day went. ;D

caveman
13-01-2003, 04:57 PM
wes
when i was there i caught the lil fellas on lures and the bigger ones on pellets also there was a fly fisher there and he had pellet fly and hooked up on nearly every one he lost about 20 flies , he let me play with a few but you will realy have to play them,the price was $35 for full day 9am-6pm, to buy them was $12.50 kg hope this helps