PDA

View Full Version : down south angler

bashman12
12-01-2003, 01:31 AM
Howdy, just signed up, this site is a dream come true. I'm from victor harbor SA 1 hr south of adelaide, it appears most of you guys are from up north or east is this true. For starters i'm heading for Merrimbula NSW in Feb any ideas of the hotspots nearby, and secondly how do you rig a nipper we don't have em down here. must say again love this site

Big_Kev
12-01-2003, 01:40 AM
So your from South Australia , well we dare not hold that against you .LOL
Most of the guys are from south east Queensland , and every now and then we have a get togeather and have a few laughs , and do some serious fishing . As for how to rig a nipper ? Don't know .
But welcome to the site bashman cheers Reel Hard

Big_Muddie
12-01-2003, 01:27 PM
G"day Bashman and welcome.

I assume nipper = pink nipper = bass yabby = yabby (the saltwater variety).

General method of putting a nipper on a hook is to start at the anal entry at the tail end and thread it along the hook. Bring the point of the hook out in the head end - about 1/3 to half way along the head end.

There are probably others as well - but that's the way I do it.

Fisherman02
12-01-2003, 04:03 PM
yep thats it BM
some people (myself included) come out just before the head therefore keeping it alive and wriggling. Seems to get me some pretty decent bites.
cheers jack
p.s if you use a baitkeeper hook as well that is a plus, stop the yabbie from slipping off

swano
13-01-2003, 04:48 AM
welcome aboard bashman :D...... my inlaws live down at pambula (next to merimbula) they do a lot of fishing in the top lake around the oyster racks and catch some huge bream,lizards and whiting(father in law broke the 27year old whiting record for the merimbula fishing club last year) a good spot to pump yabbies is out the front of the fishing club at low tide of course, there are some great mudbanks on the northern side in town.if your looking for sand or tiger flathead head outside in the main bay and drift strips of mack tuna and you should score a feed. also there is a good gravel patch in the second bay south we have done well on flatties and snapper and the odd flounder in the past.hope this is of some help to you ...... p/s don't forget to purchase a permit.. ;D

bashman12
14-01-2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys sounds great love me whiting and flatties so ill let you know how i go can't wait to fish the east coast got goose bumps thinken about it cheers, bashman