PDA

View Full Version : Tinnanbar Camping

NeilD
17-01-2003, 02:48 AM
G''Day All.

I am thinking of heading up to the Tin Can Bay area for the weekend to try the mainland creeks for Jacks etc.
I have noticed a ramp at Tinnanbar and was wondering if anyone knew what the facilities in the area were like. Has anyone fished this area and can spare a few tips or spots worth giving a go? I will be using a 3.85m tinny. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Neil

Big_Muddie
17-01-2003, 05:49 AM
Hi Neil.

Firdt, the ramp at Tinnanbar is a high tide ramp - locals say 2 hrs either side of the high but I'm sceptical about that. The times I used it, it was closer to 1 1/2 hrs and that was pushing it.

There is a nice caravan park in Tinnanbar - I stayed there in an onsite van - reasonable prices.

The best all tide ramp in that area is at Kauri Ck. There is a camping area there, toilets but not a lot else, nice nevertheless. This is also a public ramp. You will find a thread on Kauri Ck in the Camping forum - pics of the area are there.

There is another ramp on private property a little closer to Tinnanbar - haven't used it but from the water it doesn't look like an all tide ramp - could be wrong there though.

The drive from Tinnanbar to the public ramp at Kauri Ck doesn't take long and the last time I was there the dirt road was OK.

Hope that helps.