PDA

View Full Version : OziExplorer Assistance

whiteman
23-01-2003, 09:57 AM
I'm having my 1st look at OziExplore (freeware version). While it appears to be feature-packed, my basic problem is getting the scanned maps (1:150000) to line up with the waypoints from my GPS. I know this is to be used as indicative only, but once I've calibrated the 2 waypoints, every other waypoint is literally miles from where it should be on the map, rendering the process useless.

Any advice to assist will be highly appreciated.

Smithy
23-01-2003, 12:15 PM
Make sure you have your Lats and Longs right. #Here on the east coast of Australia Latitudes should be south and Longitudes east. #Make sure they aren't west or north by accident. #

With the shareware version you are only allowed a few points to calibrate your map. #It is therefore important to scan it in so the lines of lat and long are parrallel with the scanner. #The other thing to do is pick intersections of lat and long as far apart as possible and make sure they are not all along the one line of lat or one line of long. #

The only other thing you can do once you have them calibrated roughtly is to zoom to 750% and recalibrate now you are zoomed right up so you are picking dead centre of the intersections.