PDA

View Full Version : M & G at Peel, details

Lucky_Phill
21-01-2003, 12:29 PM
OK folks, here's the deal.

Our good friend ' Touchy ' and Co will be heading over to Peel on Friday to stake / steak a claim. This will be at the Western End of Horseshoe Bay.

The Bugman and I will be surfing over on Saturday Morning. You'll see the site as we'll have the AUSFISH Flag, flying proudly.

Webby will be arriving there sometime Sat morn as well.

Between Webby, Touchy, Brett and me, we'll have the site equipment sorted.

ie:- tarp, ground sheet, BBQ, tables, small gas stove, light etc. For those that are staying and coming, cooking ya tucker and making a brew won't be a problem. If for some reason you'all forget something, I'm sure you can be accommodated.

Now for the contact details.

Webby 0418 189227
Brett 0409 260709
Touchy 0411 028966
Me 0419 020697

Now, if your going and need lift or ya want to follow someone over etc etc etc, post that info here. Also we need to know numbers, so if ya goin or want to, please post here.

NOW, if the weather God causes a problem and the wind is a shocker, we'll post the info here on Thursday Night, so that Plan 'B' can take place.

That plan IS, Sunday 26th. An Ausfish ( abc ? ) Marquee will be erected at Wellington Point. This will house BBQ's and Tables and Chairs. The area is a sharp turn left at the end of the road to the point. The area has toilets, shower, swings, sand beach and grassed areas. Please bring Cheese & Kisses and the Tin Lids for this one. The area is well protected from the South Easters.

The furniture will be in place early, so come for breakie or lunch. Let's hope we don't have to use this plan.

Any questions or suggestions, please feel free to post here when you tell us you're going.

;D ;D 8) 8) ::) ::) :P :P ;) ;) ;)

Touchy - R.I.P.
21-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Betty B,Says she can come over on Sat as long as you(Phil) & Brett are going, :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*,Brett better bring Ya waders(again). :P

aquarius
21-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Hi Phil.....You have 2 starters coming over to camp at Peel on Saturday morning... myself and Fisherman02.
Looking forward to a great weekend.If plan A fails plan B sounds a good alternative (my favourite haunt)
Cheers Brent

flathead_fred
21-01-2003, 06:03 PM
hi, its flathead_fred again,
i only joined ausfish last week and have greatly enjoyed it so far, as well as the many helpful members who have responded to some to me and given me top advice.

what is this M & G at peel? it sounds great, but unfortuneately have already planned a trip for the long weekend. im in the fishing club at nudgee college on the northside and there trips each year are most likely similar to that which ausfish has planned this weekend. id love to go next time, whats it about and what ahappens there?

thanks again

Dominator
22-01-2003, 05:45 AM
Fred, there are not to many things you can liken to an Ausfish M&G.

All sorts of amazing things occur from raging debates on what a yorker is to grown men dressed in Seqinned Blue dresses dancing around the camp fire. ;D ;D ;D Occasionally some of the group will even get some fishing done. ;)

Phill Araby Dog and I will be there depending on the weather. Just not sure what day we will be over as we have to find staff to look after our respective shops. Will let you know by Thursday at the latest.

Cheers,

Dominator.

Big-D
22-01-2003, 06:06 AM
:oTouchy dont forget, Betty b is under my desk at this moment, just waiting to go to peel.

Peter. ;D

bugman
22-01-2003, 06:49 AM
Guys,

I'm speaking to the Commodore of the Redlands Boat Club tonight about getting access to their secure parking at the Raby Bay Boat Ramp.

The secretary informs me they've got a trip on this weekend as well - plus their normal members wanting to go out - so they're not sure about room for us.

I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear anything.

Brett

argonautical
22-01-2003, 08:15 AM
Hi fellow M&G's

Count me in. Aim to be there Saturday morning. Will be leaving from Raby Bay, but may go fishing before heading over to Horseshoe.

Argo

Fisherman02
22-01-2003, 11:25 AM
I might bring the whiting rob and see if any whiting or bream are about.
cheers jack

skippa
22-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Yep,

count me in for a day visit on Sunday or Monday. Lets hope the weather gods shine on us!!

Cheers,
skippa 8)

bugman
23-01-2003, 09:40 AM
Made contact with Redlands Bay boat club regarding parking in their secure area. They've got a trip on this weekend. Plus they're expecting heaps of members to use the area because it's the long weekend. - The result is there is no room for us.

They felt their members may be a tad upset if they saw cars and trailers without the appropriate stickers in behind the fence.

Sorry buys but I haven't got anymore ideas - anyone else?

Bugman

Touchy - R.I.P.
23-01-2003, 09:46 AM
Brett,I could see if my anti theft device (I posted over to you yesterday)could do the w/end patrol thing for us. ;D ;D ;D ;D.T.><> ><> ><>.

Lucky_Phill
23-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Should we venture over to Peel, here are some facts you might want to remember.

Firstly the " green zone ". #If you don't know where it is, ask me Saturday for a map.

Secondly:- fish sizes and limits,

The following are the species you are most likely to capture in that area, thier legal size and if connected to any bag limits.

Bream # # # # 23cms # # #no limit ( make it 25cms guys )

Whiting # # # 23cms # # #no limit( make it 25cms guys )

Snapper # # # 35cms # # #5 #*

Grass Sweetlip #30cms # no limit

Moses Perch # # 25cms # #no limit

Flathead
( dusky ) # # # #40 -70 # # 5
( sand #) # # # # 30 # # # # #no limit

Grunter Bream # 30cms # #no limit

Morwong # # # # #NA # # # # #no limit

Spottie Mack # #60cms # # 5 #*

Trevally ( all ) # # NA # # # # # #no limit

Grinner # # # # aaarrrggghhh #!!!!!!!!

Tailor # # # # # 30cms # # # # #20

Estuary Cod # 35cms # # # # 10 #*

* = part of a 30 in possession bag limit.

There are obviously other species that can be caught over there, so be aware of the limits as I believe the Fisheries Patrol will be on the Bay over the Aussie Day weekend, keeping #in mind your safety gear.

next post Thursday night, stay tuned # ;D # ;D # ;D # ;D

mackmauler
23-01-2003, 12:13 PM
The other legal limit is .05 ;) Lets hope noone goes near the green death hey ;D Weather aint lookin flash for sat sun mon maybe ok.

Lucky_Phill
23-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Good point Rob............ :P

jaybee
23-01-2003, 05:43 PM
well put me down for 2 people, however we may be at days gutter depending on weather, not up to me my bro is paying all costs and he wants to hit a fav spot outside if not sand crabs, spotties and squire so guess where he wants to go, :( will be hitting the suds friday nite back sunday, oh btw phil i like your limits on the bream and whiting been fishing that size for years, makes for a better fish.
cheers.

stevedemon
23-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Hi All
Well you can count Wombat45 and Myself in for Sat and Sunday plus two others in my old boat there coming for a trip but not yet Ausfish members so be nice guy's they still have the Ausfish sticker on the side of the old boat lets hope that mother Nature is going to be kind to us all as I'm getting fishing withdrawals don't know about the rest of you people
any way see you all there Saturday some time early in the morning

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve :P :P

jaybee
24-01-2003, 07:51 AM
scratch me off the list cant make it, something has come up :-[

adriancorrea
24-01-2003, 12:46 PM
Not looking too good fellas

Tight Lines
Adrian