PDA

View Full Version : M & G Peel, trip info

Lucky_Phill
24-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Well folks, it looks like someone forgot to turn the fan off. >:(

At this stage the wind will be a little too much for most smaller craft to cross to Peel in safety. Let alone anchor up on the Western side of Horseshoe Bay.

Forecast is for lighter winds from the S/W inshore early, but picking up considerably during the day.

For those who would like to fish close to Moreton or Straddie, this should be OK, going early and staying til late/ overnite there. But Peel is out, sorry.

Plan 'B' now comes into effect.

A Marquee will be erected at the Wellington Point Reserve early Sunday morning. The Ausfish Flag will be flying.

Here's a plan 'B' attachment. Fish Brent's spot early and make your way back to camp midday or later. You can get the missus and kids to meet ya's there for lunch. ???

A jetski will be there with some skiing gear that kids can make use of :- ski tube for the littler ones and a Space shuttle thingie ( see Bugman ) for the older guys.( life jackets will be provided )

Tables, chairs and BBQ will be provided along with the accessories needed for a barbie ( sauce, salt pepper, servettes etc etc ),

So bring your steaks, snags and rolls and salad stuff, and even a beer. ;)

Just to confirm that there is toilets close, shower, swings, shade and grassed areas.

So, at this stage, can you post your plans here so we'all know what's doin ' ( maybe Brent can bring some sweeties to the BBQ, if I've left any there for him ? ) :P :P :P

Touchy - R.I.P.
24-01-2003, 03:52 PM
'Day Phil,I was gunna head to Peel in the morning (Fri) but will give that a miss,Sun/Mon.looking better at this stage so will now head over on Sat.morn sparrow fart,camp on the beach at Horseshoe till Mon.so anyone (Ausfishes)around that area can call in if they wish,will only do a bit of crabbing & see if there are any sweeties at spot X 8)early morns or late evening,give us a call sometime when you are on the water,will be on 91 if I'm in the boat or if I'm kicking back at camp 0411028966 OK,Jeeze Betty B will be "shattered"she did so want to meet you & Bug!! :D :P :P.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

mackmauler
24-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Sun-mon looked like great days to me ???, I would like to see the plan "B" on another weekend, an unfishable one ;)

Rob

aquarius
24-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Hey Phil thats sounds like a top plan mate.....Im a bit worried about leaving the boat somewhere while we are at the bbq.....I ve had rods stollen before.....My plan is to fish my spot early (not the best tide)low tide at 10am.then motor around king island into waterloo bay and anchor up on the sand there...maybe troll for a flattie or three.....this way i can keep a watch over the boat and fishing gear...high tide is around 4pm so there will be enough water to get back out and around king for the trip back to wello....what do you reckon Phil?
I might have to change my spot X this weekend..lol ;D ;D
Cheers Brent

Lucky-Phill
25-01-2003, 01:52 PM
Hey Rob, Monday looks good, you mean you ain't workin ? It's only a holiday for members of the public, us self employed folk don't get those freebies :P :P ;D ;)

Yes Brent, that's a good plan, as we intend to be there all day.

Well Miss Betty, we'll have to meet another day.......... ;)

If any of you noticed, my user name changed a little. that's because the puter at Ausfish didn't recognise me with my NEW CABLE CONNECTION..............yeee Haaaa, ain't I the speedy one now ;D :D ;D :D ::)

mackmauler
25-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Gday lucky Phill, welcome to ausfish :P Security was a concern for me at wello.

I might be a newby soon to ;D

Cheers

craigie
25-01-2003, 02:09 PM
Good Job Phil.

B-B-Q lunch and a couple of beers with you and the Guy's sounds bloody great for Sunday

I can wear my Ausfish Cap and people will understand what it means ;D ;D.

Cheers
Craig.

Lucky-Phill
25-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Well people, I have just taken a butchers at the forecast for Sunday, and it looks pretty welll Ok for a trip.

SE/NE 10-15...........not bad.

If those of you who were coming Sunday would prefer to go fishing, that's OK. and we / I still need to know who's gonna be there on Sunday, cause if no-ones bbq-ing and going fishing, I will too.

Please put a post of those who want to BBQ at Wello, we can still have it in the evening / dinner time thing if you'all want.

need the posts up by Saturday lunch time. what's ya thoughts people ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Big_Kev
25-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Will see you guys at Wello sunday for lunch . I will be putting my tin lids back on the plane in the morning so I won't be able to lend a hand to put up the big top sorry .
Be good to catch up and meet some fresh faces Regards Reel # http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm3.gif

Lucky-Phill
25-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Had some replies.

Plan 'B' stands....................

see ya guys there Sunday. ;) ;D 8)

adriancorrea
25-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Hi all
If the wind is going to ease off for saturday arvo and sunday is the trip back on???
Even sunday monday its a public holiday isnt it?

Tight Lines
Adrian

Touchy - R.I.P.
25-01-2003, 03:53 PM
OK All,Havagreatweekend on the water or at the bbq whichever,got the alarm set for 0:3:00 in the morn,will fish/crab outta Horseshoe till Mon.or early Tues,Talk to yous over the w/end.cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

webby
25-01-2003, 04:13 PM
See ya out there Fred, heading over sunday arvo for overniter, Taking Snappyone for a run to Peel/Rainbow will give ya a call when i get across.
regards

mackmauler
25-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Heaps of marlin and sails in 30-80m e-ne of the goldcoast, my gps coords for sun mon..... ;) Least ive seen a couple of you lot lately that was enough ;) ;D 8)

Cheers

argonautical
25-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Hi all,

My plans are to leave from Raby about 4.00 am Saturday morn and fish for a while around Wello. Weather permitting will wander over to Horseshoe with a view to overnighting, then return for BBQ.

Argo

aquarius
25-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Gee Phil you are going to Wello in predicted 20knot winds in the quinny dart Saturday morning.
Brave fisho mate!!
Sunday's forecast looks much better.
Sounds as if most ausfish people are heading out sunday.
Cheers Brent

Lucky_Phill
26-01-2003, 06:34 AM
yeh well Brent........it's a Stessl Edge dingy....... #and size doesn't matter............................................ ................apparently # ??? # ::)

Not gonna fish, but see yezz at Wello on Sunday. # 8) # 8)

If anyones comin back from fishing straight to the bbq, I'll have a feed organized for ya's.

;) # ;D

aquarius
26-01-2003, 07:43 AM
Yeah lucky Phill i know your boat mate...i meant argo Phill,s quintrex dart.
I can almost taste that bbq food now..mmmmmmmm.
see ya sunday lunch time.
Cheers #Brent ;D

Lucky_Phill
26-01-2003, 10:00 AM
;)

NOT # THE # DART #!!!!!!!!!!!!!

argonautical
27-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Brent,

I was working on the basis that at 4.00 am it would probably be OK and if the south-east kicked in I would camp down at Blaksleys.

Anyway, when I left home just before 4.00am it was obvious that the trip over to Peel was not on. So all dressed up and no place to go.!! I decided to go down to Jacobs Well and spend the weekend there.

Camped down near the Pin in the lee of the sou-east. Not having any cooking gear was something of a set back, but this was compensated for by the ice cold beer. Saturday night was superb and the wind kept away the mossies and sand-flies.

Caught a variety of fish, including a number of flatties on lures. Kept some, released some.

I would vote for an M+G at the Pin anytime. Its virtually weather proof, secure parking at Horizon Shores, sensational camp sites and simple all tide access to your boat. On top of that, live bait is plentiful (no mullet though) and so were the fish.

Was hoping to get to the BBQ today at Wello but just ran out of time. There is always next time.

Phil (not the lucky phil)

aquarius
28-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Hey Argo Phill...mate when we arrived at spot X at Wello on sunday morning there was a small boat on that spot and i thought it was you.
Started shouting to you from a distance and the person in question answered me......Mate he caught 3 nice size sweeties....this should have been you.....had a good laugh when i read your post..lol
fisherman02 and i were convinced we were talking to you..lol..maybe his name was phil.....We thought it strange when he left and didn't come over and say see ya..lol.
Gee fishing sure gives ya a laugh at times.
Mate there was no way you would have been able to fish there Saturday arvo...the sea was a bit lumpy but i manged 2 keepers....this saturday mate...high tide at around 10am...might see the real Phil this time ay..lol
Cheers Brent ;D ;D

Lucky_Phill
28-01-2003, 08:06 AM
NO ( tim tam ) worries.

8) 8) 8) :P

argonautical
28-01-2003, 08:12 AM
Brent

Was not me, though I wish it was.

Phil