PDA

View Full Version : slimmy mac in bussleton

addicted
30-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Can anyone please advise me on a livey rig that keeps squid n craps from ripping my precious baits to bits. or another hardey type ov live bait that worx?

scottem
30-01-2003, 03:30 PM
gday addicted not much you can do to stop squid eating your livies off the old busso jetty except catch them, good bait or yummy.maybe try to use yellotails as there should be heaps more of them there than slimeys,keep the slimeys for strip baits or keep them alive till a big sambo comes along.
cheers scotty

addicted
30-01-2003, 07:05 PM
thanx scotty, i have used yakkas and i do like them but its just something about slimmies,there seems to be that many there that something must eat em. i gru up on the north shore of sydney and used slimmies there alot but i guess the water is simply not deep enough in most places here but ill never give up on the big fish hence my user name lol..thanx again.

stay fish'n addicted....

scottem
02-02-2003, 06:02 AM
gday addicted there is some spots around there that are deep enough but i dont know about keeping slimies alive till you get there.i have only caught a couple of slimies off the rocks inbetween cape naturalist and cape leewin.i have fished that area extensivly,glad to let you know some fav spots.the best bait off those areas is whole squid so catch and keep those that are eating your live baits,fish them under a balloon for BIG!!!!!! samsonfish and hang on,great fun from the rocks.you can also get pinkies and dhufish from the same rocks.the season is about to start for the salmon run so you should be into heaps off the rocks soon.happy hunting ;D
cheers scotty

addicted
02-02-2003, 09:07 AM
thanx for your advice mate. i would not be suprised if we have fished the same places at the same time and not known. but i have not fish where said just said but i will keep ya eye out for me sometime :)
I just love big baits out there..

Volvo
02-02-2003, 09:19 AM
:)Addicted, still get the squid n jewie runs off the Busselton jetty??.
Aaahhhhh......Memories:):):).
Cheers

addicted
02-02-2003, 09:43 AM
yep!! same old busso jetty.. as you know people still walk past the best spot on the jetty, there does not seem to be as many bonito or anywhere near the size the ya use to get but they are there.

Volvo
02-02-2003, 10:08 AM
:)Good ta hear , how about the Salmon off Castle Rocks still as plentyfull and good size??.
Cheers

scottem
02-02-2003, 11:42 AM
not wrong bout the memories of the jew off the jetty volvo or the salmon off castle rock and rocky point.my best jew off the jetty was a tad over the old 50 pounds ahhhhh great to reminise[spell check] good to know the chance is still there off the jetty.the bonito were bigger and more plentiful years ago addicted as were the bluefin they were great years good place to be.
scotty

addicted
02-02-2003, 12:16 PM
it has been along time since i caught or even saw a bluefin but those were the days at busso hey....

Volvo
03-02-2003, 09:50 AM
:)Aaahhhh relivin the memories now ;), and how about down around some of the beaches or rocks when the weed would be up ta ya #uts thick absolutely blown with maggot. A handfull or two in the water and the herrin would be absolutely boilin :).
Rod,Blob(as the kname was known) hook or two with bits of pvc tubing and a cast out and you'd be hooked up with another coupla thousand tryin ta grab a bit of colour lol.
Still the same??.
Quantity was never reffered to by KG but by the Doz :) and smoker was always busy ;D doin its thing.
Cheers

addicted
03-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Back to jurien bay at south point in easter i can't wait to get into those jumbo tailor again, great fun on light line if ya can get it out in the wind. The other week they were taking pillies,rockjigs and poppers.i really like this spot but i may wonder up to the marina and see what livies are in there,never be to the marina but ill see :).
I got a new Alvey this week so im hang'n out to give it a blast. lobbing an 8 ounce snapper lead out into that wind that blows that hard that you have to pick the bugs outa ya teeth.
ill let you know how i went.

a pic of jurien jetty

scottem
03-02-2003, 02:03 PM
too right volvo those herrin grab anything when the weeds full of maggots.i used to fish in bunker bay when the maggots had bred, catch a coupla dozen real easy and like you said fire the smoker up, those herrin are so good smoked.cant wait to get into them again soon,the herrin are round all year and very easy to get a feed every time you head down the coast and anything can turn up when there.
scotty

addicted
03-02-2003, 02:49 PM
hi scottem, are you a local of busso?