PDA

View Full Version : Future M&G

jaybee
08-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Met up with craigie and wombat tonight, (nice muddies craigie) but a suggestion was put forward for the next M&G after the freshie. Hows this Whyte Island, has boat ramp, land based,or boat,has easy access to mud, green, st helena, front of wynnum, or up the river, or across to boggey creek. Heaps of light at the ramp, one toilet, and a nice sandy area to pitch a tent. species expected, prawns at the ramp, whiting, flathead, tailer, mud and sand crabs, sweetlip, squire, spottie mack, and all the tuna, all a short run,have i missed any thing. so how bout some feedback guys. Its all here on our door step.BTW wind shouldnt be a factor.
cheers
joe.

Fisherman02
09-02-2003, 06:40 AM
yer sounds like a good idea joe
jack

CHRIS_aka_GWH
09-02-2003, 07:48 AM
you'd be talking about the boat passage I gather Jaybee ?

Add to your list of facilities, 3 hot & cold showers, a couple of bunks, a laundry & a cappucino machine. That new BP truckstop just opposite is something else !!! Best crapper near a boat ramp I've ever seen.

chris

sharkbait
09-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Why not do a rerun of the peel m&g and hope for better weather? There are definitely plenty of fishing options from whyte Island but I dont think I'd want to share camp with the hoons in their toranas and commodores doing donuts in the carapark.

mackmauler
09-02-2003, 11:02 AM
Hope for better weather ??? more like better judgement ;D could of taken the tinny to new zealand that wk end.

Sharkbait, I was waiting for the hoons to come up, I don't consider myself a hoon though ;) ;D

jaybee
09-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Was very quiet down there last night, at present you cant turn right to the ramp have to go up a bit and turn around, maybe that confuses the hoons eh. LOL.
cheers

aquarius
10-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Guys i'm voting for another go at the Peel trip....got to get a good forecast sooner or later....not to keen on leaving the car and trailer at fishermans island overnight....have heard a few stories from around that area....mind you where are your vehicles safe these days????????????.
Cheers Brent

argonautical
10-02-2003, 01:17 PM
My vote for the next salty M&G is the pin. Apart from all the fishing options, there is secure carparking available, its weatherproof and a good spot to take junior ausfishers.

Second option would be Peel Is.

I guess I like the idea of not being on the mainland. Maybe its the Huck Finn in me, but it is more of an adventure to be on an island and for all intents and purposes, a 1000 miles fro manywhere.

Phil

aquarius
10-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Hey argo Phill just imagine if you were on Peel and a gale force wind came up...mate we could be there for days...then Huck Finn you would be..lol ;D ;D
Cheers Brent

argonautical
10-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Brent

Exactly my point!

phil