PDA

View Full Version : Community ideas to create better recreational fish

nsw_fisheries
08-02-2003, 09:41 AM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/newsroom/latest/fb_03feb06_community.htm

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au"

Vern_Veitch
08-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Seems NSW is going ahead.
Vern

Gazza
09-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Dunno Vern ,
Voluntary buyouts? ,regardless of areas that NEED buyouts.
First an RFL ,now yearly trailer inspections for $22 ,and also applies to the humble box-trailer ,so possibly $44 EXTRA....
What next , yearly emission tests on your o/b???

What actual improvements to recFishing?....... I dunno ,bar banning of 'kingtraps'?????.....which is sensible management that cost nothing in the first place.

IMHO
Gazza

Vern_Veitch
10-02-2003, 06:06 AM
I have had reports of improved fishing in their Fishing Havens already Gazza. Annual vehicle inspections have been in NSW since I first owned a car. Same as most other states except Queensland. Don't see what that has to do with improved fishing opportunities for rec fishers.
On the RFL issue, seems to be in trouble in Vic but OK in NSW. I am not in favour as I believe we already pay more than our fair share in GST which is a user pays tax and should be put back into the fishery from sales on fishing related expenditure. Would not be difficult. % of fuel sales for boats, all tackle etc. Have heard some other sports reps say they pay their fair share and it goes elswhere - guess that is why there are so many tennis, cricket and football facilities but where are the boating facilities to keep pace with the boating population?
Vern

Gazza
10-02-2003, 03:12 PM
I have had reports of improved fishing in their Fishing Havens already Gazza.
Annual vehicle inspections have been in NSW since I first owned a car. Same as most other states except Queensland. Don't see what that has to do with improved fishing opportunities for rec fishers.

Hi Vern, ALL (over 250kgs.) t-r-a-i-l-e-r inspections are a brand spanking new NSW........TAX >:(

Will this revenue be put in the RFL trust to "improve" RecFishing??.......of course not!!

Will the NSW Gov't i.e. RFL 'trust' operators....... ever , ever l-e-t the trust be debt-free from the Voluntary buyouts (with $$$$ interest) to buyout MORE Commercials ever,ever in the future.........of course not!!

I'll agree with you ,where the Commercials are banned i.e. RFHavens ,fishing will ,no m-u-s-t improve.

I further add they have sensible tailor/flattie bag/size limits ;)
(which cost nothing but management commonsense)

and $200K per FAD deployed is ridiculous ::)

Regards
Gazza