PDA

View Full Version : Opposition fishing policy favours commercial fishe

nsw_fisheries
22-02-2003, 08:58 AM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/newsroom/latest/fb_03feb21_policy.htm

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au"

bugman
22-02-2003, 09:52 AM
I'd hate to step out of line here and drag this great website into the political quagmire - but - aren't government departments meant to be "apolitical".

Please correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't this post just an overt form of campaigning four weeks before the NSW election and more than 1 week before the offical start of the campaign period.

I've got no comment to make on the body of the press release or political parties involved - I try to stay clear of NSW politics - but I'm wondering whether we see the "right of reply" given to the NSW opposition fisheries spokesman via NSW fisheries and this website before the election is held.

Brett Bugg

spinna
22-02-2003, 01:26 PM
Bad n.s.w.fisheries bad
The carr government has the fishing fees now and the libs did not. #The carr government has also clossed a lot off prime fishing areas to rec fishos and you did not say a word about this until you introduced the salt water fees. Then BANG we are now going to introduce marine parks and your not allowed to fish these areas and they are some prime fishing areas for LBG. # # # # # # # # Im talking about J.B and the surrounding areas.
So the carr government has not got the best record with the old rec fishos. So im with the bugman on this one. #Here is not the place to campaign. As people who live in class houses should not throw stones.

Ps i think what you have done with the pros is a great thing and more should go.

cheers spinna >:( # # # # # # #

Vern_Veitch
24-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Last time I looked, Government Departments did what they were tod by their political masters. THat is the way the game is played whether we like it or not. If a Minister chooses to use his position in the lead up to an election, then he will not be the first, and you can bet your @#$% that he will not be the last.
Vern