PDA

View Full Version : Witchdoctor Charters

smerl
19-02-2003, 08:44 AM
Hi

A group from work want to get out fishing and as they are not keen on squeezing into the 17 footer we thought we might try a charter. Has anyone tried or know anything about Witchdoctor charters?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers,

Smerl

MICHAELG
19-02-2003, 09:35 AM
Hi Smerl

went on it last year, very ordinary not fussed at all. New some one who went a week prior to us and cleaned up. The difference we found out later was we had some casual skipper NOT the owner.

smerl
22-02-2003, 07:06 AM
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the advice. We might keep looking. Can anyone suggest a good charter boat (10 person max) around the SE Queensland area. We are probably after a mix of bottom bashing and trolling. Most of the guys going don't have much previous experience.

Cheers

Smerl

bugman
22-02-2003, 07:18 AM
Smerl,

I've had some good trips on board Laguna Charters out of Noosa - mind you I've had a couple of not so hot ones as well.

Andrews Jones is the owner operator of the boat and is a pretty upfront guy - he'll troll and bottom bash - mind you it really isn't the time of year for bottom bashing but hey - a day on the water is better than being somewhere else.

Bugman

craigie
22-02-2003, 08:51 AM
Hi Smerl,

Ah yes, It's always a big decision, which Charter Boat to go out on ???

Sorry I can't help you with 'Witchdoctor' Charters, never been out with them.
I have been out with 3 or 4 different operations between the Border and the Sunnie Coast. The accumilated catch for the 4 days would not have filled my shoulder bag that I use for Beach Fishing. Maybe I just picked the wrong days to go out or I'm just the world's worst Fisherman. It could also be that the local area is flogged to death ??

Recommend you try a Charter a bit further out of Brisbane, say Noosa north. Hervey bay has a heap to choose from and your catch is usually very respectable !!

Happy Fishing

Craigie.

Dominator
25-02-2003, 10:11 AM
I am in the same boat as you Craigie, i have been out on 4 Charters in my life and have never filled my eskie. :-[ :'( :-[

I think the idea of going out on a charter further up the coast sounds like a good one. ;)

Cheers,

Dominator.

dnej
25-02-2003, 10:47 AM
Winter months are best, there is a good one out of the Tweed, always seems to get a feed. I will see if I can get a name
David

Derek Bullock
25-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Hi

Try some of the Charters out of Hervey Bay. I have been on Time N Tide a couple of times now and I doubt you could beat it. Skipper has many years experience in the waters up that way and is very keen to make sure you fill the eskis.

Cheers

Derek

Lucky_Phill
25-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Looks like a majority. I've been on countless charters.

For my money.....Go Hervey Bay.

Wether Time & Tide, Phoinex or Tasman Venture 11 with lloyd Burgess. That place is worth while.

Most will let you sleep on the boat friday night, then a very early am start so you are fishing at Breakfeast time. all day fishing and night up until midday or later on the sunday. OK, it's a 3 1/2 drive back to Brisvegas, but with the fillets in your esky, you'll be more than pleased.

Tasman Venture has a snap freezer on board and " fillets and bags" all fish, if you want. Bloody good idea. That way you don't have to carry a great big esky north.

depends on how there are of you, most boats take 10. If you haven't got that amount, ring the operator and he'll fill the gaps, most of the time. OR, put a post up here for the extra crew ! ::) ;D

Lachie1
25-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Went out of noosa on noosa blue water charters a quite few years ago now and it was great except i got seasick :-[ caught plenty of fish including a nice 9.5 kg scarlet sea perch and plenty of moses perch. Cost about $80 and it was well worth it. Reports ihave heard since have been goo too. In brisbane Ocean Fox out of manly is pretty good although fishing round brissie is getting harder these days. Like Lucky Phill said head north. Sunshine coats or harvey bay would be the go.

mackmauler
25-02-2003, 01:03 PM
I can't comment on any charters that will fill your esky, the fishing has been good locally lately, the grass is always greener though aint it.