PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Fraser Comp

Ron_Collins
01-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Hi all

Notice that there seems to be quite a few Ausfish members attending the Fraser comp in May this year.

There will also be a fair few BNB Fishing subscribers there too, plus some who are both.

It would be nice to pick a night (or a day that's been blown out) to M&G and empty a can or two while we're on the Island?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Ron Collins.

mono
02-03-2003, 05:23 AM
Hi Ron, Sounds like a great idea. Cant think of a better place to down a coldy or three! I'll be there without the boat this year but my trusty tailor rod and fresh bonito will be close at hand just in case theres a 'greenback' swimming by. The whole Byron crew are looking forward to celebrating 20 years and catching up with old freinds. Should be huge!!!
Cheers Capt. Mono

Ron_Collins
02-03-2003, 05:34 AM
Hey Mono

Sounds like we've got a footy team already! But, mate, you be very careful - remember what happened when we had a BNB Fishing dinner at the Straddie Classic few years ago... and your gun was loaded.

Fraser is one of my shorter term goals and I can't wait to catch up with you and as many of "our" team as possible.

Look forward to seeing you there, and meanwhile best wishes to you, Deb and the gang. Ron Collins.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
02-03-2003, 07:18 AM
speaking of the Straddie Ron, from your position of vast & immeasurable knowledge (read that as chatting with the Cruise Craft boys) do you know if its on for certain?

I notice the pubs website says details for 2003 will be posted soon.

ta,
chris

ps great show this morning, excellent having Bill Corten giving an added perspective & Harro's brown nose bit too LOL. Keep the live crosses coming too.

Lucky_Phill
02-03-2003, 07:31 AM
Yes Ron, I do believe a M & G at the best fishing place in the world will be a goer.

Is it true that people ' actually ' take fishing gear to this comp ? ??? ::)

83 days to go........but who's counting ;)

jack_attack
02-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Our usual lot will be there. May be a bit roudy for every one else though. We were told that if we didn't keep our noise down a little one year (the year that Lee Kernaghan played and all the camps sites were washed out from the swell/tide) that we would be evicted from Fraser. Must admit that we have settled a lot since then.

Am looking forward to it as usual. Have you set a night yet?

Ron_Collins
02-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi All

Seems like we'ré on track for a good one. No night or day set yet. Not 100 percent sure of the activities and what the weather might be doing.

This is secondhand, but the latest gossip I have is that Straddie IS ON this year. My personal view is that they've left it a bit to late, but who am I to challenge experts? I believe some sponsors have committed, but others are wondering about value for their money.

Thanks for feedback on the 4BC Talking Fishing Show. I'd say that this morning's dose was the busiest ever in the nearly seven years that it's been on. And, no, I didn't pay or even suggest that Harro annoint me and BNB Fishing.

We had to cut stuff this morning to fit everything into what's left of our hour. Solid storm has just hit, so I'm shutting down for a while. Will tune in again when it's cleared a bit.

Always feel most welcome to provide feedback on the Fishing Show and BNB Fishing. You may not have noticed, but many readers' and listeners' ideas have been incorporated into both.

Back shortly. Ron Collins.