PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER FISH KILL

caveman
04-03-2003, 02:30 PM
MORE BAD NEWS FOR THE FISH, WENT DOWN THE CONDAMINE RIVER IN WARWICK TODAY TO HAVE A LOOK HOW CLEAR THE WATER WAS SO I COULD FLICK A FEW LURES, IMAGINE MY SUPRISE WHEN I GOT THERE ONLY TO SEE DEAD FISH EVERY WHERE (CARP,CATFISH,YELLAS,BONEYBREAM)
ALSO HEARD REPORTS OF COD & SILVERPERCH ASWELL,HAVENT HEARD WHAT CAUSED IT YET BUT IT'S UNLIKELY TO BE NATURAL AS THE RIVER HAS BEEN FLOWING FOR OVER A WEEK WILL KEEP MY EARS OPEN :'( :-X :-[ :(
CHEERS
CAVEMAN

caveman
05-03-2003, 01:28 PM
found out a little more apparently its supposed to be low oxegen levels caused by the flow of murky waters, the boys collecting the fish to dispose of them said that they got about 300-500 all up including a 70cm cod as well as some very good size yellas around the 3-5 lbs mark, the EPA is investigating the matter, the excitement is killing me knowing this
cheers
caveman

scott_b
05-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Similar thing happened in the Gwydir river at Bundarra (about 45 kms south of Inverell) 4 to 5 weeks ago it poored rain and killed a heap of cod and yellas . The story I got , because of the dry weather the stock were feeding close to the river for the green pick , apparently when it rained it washed the sheep and cattle shit into the water and contaminated it . This is only what I have been told , what do think .
wamjam

bazz
05-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Caveman, you said the river is flowing again.I, go to Warwick a fair bit and the last time I was there about three weeks ago the river was dry.
After crossing the river coming into town from Brisbane I took the second turn to the right and went out to west Warwick past Jackie Howe motel where you cross the river twice past the race course.There was no water there at all.
I often used to fish from the bank in the reserve just over the old bridge past the Sandy Creek Hotel.Caught some good yellas there on lures when the river is running.
There is good fishing when there is some water.Also some good places going out to Leyburn past Allora have you fished out that way?

caveman
05-03-2003, 04:10 PM
yes bazz yhe river is flowing again i only fish in the town limits only just found out about the reserve near pratten, the hole you talk about at the sandy creek hotel is actualy called sandy creek, it is still dry,if you are coming over PM me and i,ll see what i can organize
cheers
caveman
Caveman, you said the river is flowing again.I, go to Warwick a fair bit and the last time I was there about three weeks ago the river was dry.
# # # # # # After crossing the river coming into town from Brisbane I took the second turn to the right and went out to west Warwick past Jackie Howe motel where you cross the river twice past the race course.There was no water there at all.
# # # # # # # I often used to fish from the bank in the reserve just over the old bridge past the Sandy Creek Hotel.Caught some good yellas there on lures when the river is running.
# # # # # # # #There is #good fishing when there is some water.Also some good places going out to Leyburn past Allora have you fished out that way?

Kerry
06-03-2003, 07:09 AM
EPA investigating #???, "naturally" it's generally called rain (been quite a while since it did that), rain/water can do that, happens quite often, generally everytime after it rains.

Cheers, Kerry.