PDA

View Full Version : Is it the same

Volvo
27-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Are we still enjoying our fishing or getting out of fishing what we used to when we were younger #without the top of the range (or near enough) reels, rods??andforever chasin the best line or Braid, hooks n gadgets. Boats!!! not just Boat and gotta have everything that opens n shuts on the fecker.
Nooooo One Rod isn't enough!! dont be silly gotta have one for each species ya like chasin dont ya ::)??.
And does the above put any strain on the relationship or marriage by tryin ta keep up with the above?? http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm12.gif.
Do ya come home after a days fishin feelin stuffed from tryin ta bag whatever it is you were chasin, cleanin the Boat, Rod ,Reels and Oh yes forgot the fish #:).
Or are ya enjoyin it all more due to all the above ::)??.
C'mon fess up is there more strain on your fishin nowadays than say when you were maybe younger and takin your fishin more casually.
Not tryin ta be a stickybeak mindya but #keen ta know,is it as good as it gets:).
Cheers
Err whats the chances of havin this dropped in general chat someone please :-[.

Touchy - R.I.P.
28-02-2003, 03:42 AM
Dont know about anyone else but I try to get out 3 times a week just to see if I still like it!! :P :P :P :P.Still not sure so I betta go again tomorra' ;D ;DCheers T.><> ><> ><>.

blaze
28-02-2003, 06:42 AM
Yes I still love my fishin, try to get out at least once a week( need to go at least that often to keep my sanity), I don't use the latest gear (still use a one reel 25 years old spooled with 2kg line). I have probable averaged one rod/reel for each year I have fished, so I have about 25, fly rod, overhead x 2, surf, eastuary, boat etc. What I spend each year is subject to what I earn (self employed so sometimes very little). But at the end of the day if it meant that all I could do was a handline off the jetty or beach, thats what I would do, not for the fish I catch or don't catch, just because I love the outdoors and the pleasure that comes with it
cheers
blaze

jaybee
28-02-2003, 02:01 PM
due to the economic climate i try to pick the weekends and fish either of southport or mooloolaba these days, i figure one good trip out is better then half a dozen in the bay. Fish kept on an ice slurry cleaned then frozen taste the same as fresh according to my taste buds. still enjoy a day out even if i dont get a feed.
cheers

SteveCan
28-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Well, It was actually me - not the missus who has put the ban on spending on the Fishing gear. In less than two years we have aquired a Boat, 12 reels and probably 16 rods. Not to mention whats in the Tackle box and othe paraphanerlia (?)

Trouble is, we have a wish list that includes an Alvey 650 C5, a Wilson 4 wrap 12 Ft beach rod and a new light spin reel - just to do things that we already do a little nicer. Lets not even discuss upgrading the boat etc. etc. etc.

With the amount of enjoyment that Fishing has brought us over the last few years, buying the latest gear (although nice) is not the source. Being out in the weather, the water and the sky is what really feeds the soul and where the real pleasure from fishing comes. Although we like fish, food is no where near the reason we do it. It is a connection to my Childhood and an escape from the hassle of work and life.

Put me on a beach with a dodgy old Alvey and a cheap rod, watching the sun come up and pulling in the odd Tailor or Flatty - meditating in that moment that is measured by waiting for the next bite. That is my therapy.

Cheers
Steve.

stevedemon
28-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Hi all
Well Stevecan could not agree with you more I even Rebiult a nice Stebergcraft 18.5ft so as the family and i can have the touch of nature a go back to the child hood days when my old man or grand fathers took me fishing to show me that there was more to life than just working or stressing out at home when you can go fishing and just stretch out not stress out catching fishing is just a bonus ;D :P ;D :P ;D ???

but the best part is getting out there with some friends and as they say the best medcine is laughter or a days fishing is better than a days working

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve :P :P

fisho
03-03-2003, 05:24 PM
I adore few things more......

Navi
06-03-2003, 04:07 PM
read below

Navi
06-03-2003, 04:12 PM
when my old man or grand fathers took me fishing to show me that there was more to life than just working or stressing out at home when you can go fishing and just stretch out not stress out catching fishing is just a bonus ;D :P ;D :P ;D ???

but the best part is getting out there with some friends and as they say the best medcine is laughter or a days fishing is better than a days working

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve :P :P

I could not agree more just sitting out on the bay in my boat (which I've had for 8 years now) and just watching time go by only one thing beats that and that is sitting on the beach with a campfire and a cold drink thinking about what fish we wll get tomorrow....

Cheers Navi. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gif

Breamreeper
07-03-2003, 03:42 AM
Sunrise, sunset, high tide, low tide they still haven't changed. I still think the best part of fishin isn't catchin fish, but if ya do thats a bonus.

I am sure ya know what I mean.

rick k
07-03-2003, 09:04 PM
I must be an old f@rt. Can I say that here?

I can remember when all my fishing gear, except for my rod, fitted in an icecream container. Now it takes up a fair bit of room in the garage.

Still catch the same # of fish, though.