PDA

View Full Version : Police at the boat-ramp at 2.30am

charleville
10-03-2003, 05:44 AM
I had just launched my boat at the boat ramp at the Lota end of the Manly boat harbour at 2.30am this morning when along comes a 4wd just as I was about to climb aboard and push off.

Any vehicle driving into the car-park at that time of morning without a boat on the back will attract one's attention but as it drew closer, I could see Police badging all over the vehicle.

Out jumped two police with flash-lights and announced themselvces as water police and came down to inspect my stuff just as I was about to launch - ie flares, V-sheet, boat registration etc.

I was OK as the whole rig is only 14 months old and all the safety gear is newish.

But be warned, fellas, the police are active anywhere, anytime.

Personally, I was very pleased to see them as it means that there are some police patrolling around that carpark at night.

They were extremely courteous. I am quite happy that they come around at odd hours and inspect stuff but it is a gentle reminder that one ought to keep everything up to date. They asked where I was going and whether I had advised someone as to where I would be etc.

There were no other boats or trailers in the car-park at that time. I suspect that they must have seen me drive past and followed. That ramp is the quietest of all the Manly ramps.

Charlie