PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Research

Lucky_Phill
11-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Well fisherfolks, here is your chance to see " What's Doin ".

Mr Terry Healy ( Manager, Recreational Fishing Unit )from the QFS and I have been in corrospondence ( that's a big word :o ) with the Southern Fisheries Research Center at Deception Bay.

This is to bring about an information day / evening / visit to the center. Further, the visit is to allow me and others ( hopefully ) to be a part of the research effort on Snapper, particulary in Moreton Bay and surrounding areas.

I wish to get numbers of people who are not only interested in the visit, but, who would be willing to participate in the research itself. The details of all this are not in yet.

I would appreciate numbers so that dates and times can be arranged.

;D 8)

argonautical
11-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Count me in for both. I would love to more about them.

(unlucky) Phil

bugman
11-02-2003, 01:34 PM
Me to Phil,

Allow I guess I'd have to catch some snapper to help with the research :-/

Brett

aquarius
11-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Yep Phill i will be in aswell....need to know what makes them the elusive snapper ::)
Cheers Brent
Will this be a tag and release program?

blaze
11-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi all
I would just like to know if you guys would ask a few more of them to swim down to tassie as they have been far and few between this year
cheers
blaze

Heath
11-02-2003, 04:32 PM
If the area includes the Goldcoast, I'll be in.

I participated in a research project for Spanish Mackerel last year & some very interesting results arose from that study by Townsville Uni.

smerl
12-02-2003, 08:53 AM
Phil,

I'll be in on the visit and any assistance that I can offer for the program. Sounds like a good excuse to spend more time chasing Snapper in the bay!

Cheers,

Simon

Lucky_Phill
14-02-2003, 12:43 PM
The Dates for the Visit to the Research Centre will be March 28. #The visit will be an afternoon affair. #I believe we will have a lunch catered for.

Hopefully this will give you folks ample time to get the arvo off.

The visit can be catered for up to 10 people, so there is still room for a couple more !

The times etc will be posted here soon. Stay tuned !

I do believe that after the visit, an Ausfish debriefing will be held at the nearest place of beverage consumption #::)

argonautical
14-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Phil,

Don't if you were planning this, but perhaps people that are going that live near each other could share lifts.

phil

mackmauler
15-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Phill, what does your big word mean, I don't no that spelling ;D

Research on snapper ??? Does that mean there was no research done before the new bag limits came in ???

Lucky_Phill
13-03-2003, 11:35 AM
OK, I have a date of Friday 28th March.

Lunch will be catered for.

Now I need numbers, a show of hands, you know what I mean.

Then we can organise lifts between people that live or work near each other and arrange a meeting place ( maybe ) prior to the event.

PM me with your name and a contact phone number.

I need this by this Friday....... ::) ;)

bugman
13-03-2003, 12:34 PM
I'm in. Do you have my name and phone number ;)

Bugman

peterbo3
13-03-2003, 04:15 PM
Lucky Phill,
I would like to attend. Contact phone is 32646210. I live at Albany Creek & may be able to fit in a passenger or two.
Regards,
Peter

argonautical
13-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Phil,

Still keen to go - will message my details.

Phil