PDA

View Full Version : CRESSBROOK MEET AND GREET 8TH+9TH MARCH

aquarius
10-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Hi Ausfishers...Just arrived back home from our 5th Meet and Greet.
A big thanks to Lucky Phil and Bugman for another well organized weekend of fishing and meeting new faces.
The Dams water level is low at present and the fish were few and far between.
After loosing a couple of lures to the dam's thick weedy bottom yesterday my mate Jimmy and myself found a spot this morning that produced 2 bass 30cm and 25 cm.
These were Jimmy's first ever surface lure caught bass and now he's hooked!
By the way if anyone is thinking about a feed of redclaw forget Cressbrook....we had 8 traps out overnight and not one redclaw.
Maybe we had the traps in the wrong spot but from what i found out the redclaw population in this dam is very small.
A very enjoyable and relaxing weekend thanks guys .
A few pics from the digi camera...sorry the first and third pic are a little out of focus..had to downsize them to post....lucky for Betty Boobs!! :-[
Cheers #Brent

aquarius
10-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Jimmy's first Bass

aquarius
10-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Cressbrook Dam at 6am....The mist was just starting to clear as we headed for the Bass hunt.

aquarius
10-03-2003, 12:21 PM
And we get to meet Betty boob's!

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2003, 03:36 PM
:o 8) :P ::)

To Brett, Brian, Fred, Peter, Chris, Brent, Jimmy, Craig, John, Johno, Jack, Rob, Steve, Randall, Caveman, Jordo ( passing thru ), thanks for the turn out. Had a couple of " friends drop in as well !. And a big thanks to Betty Boobtube for her Cameo appearance, hey Jack :o :o :o

To Maree & the Brookster ( and all her new Dad's ), ;) ;D ???

Hey Fitzy and Dale, we had Bacon and Eggs & Coffee waiting for ya's at the camp....... ::)

Lost Property, BBQ Sauce ?, Red Square Bucket, Choc Cream Bikkies, Bikkie Barrell ( Brian ! ), Mineral Water Container, tent brush, Check shirt........Fred ! A Johnnie walker glass and Nes'cafe cup !

To those of you who donged a ? fish ?...........well done, as it's been hard to do so there lately.

One thing to come out of the trip was, that no-one will starve on an Ausfish M & G ! ;D ;)

Fishing stories were limited, alcohol consumption was limited, sleep was limited, fish were limited, skill was limitless ! I do believe to be a ' Freshie ", you have to take your fishing serious.

It's a funny thing, when ya get a bunch of blokes together, who are all " average " blokes, (although some won't eat certain kinds of MEAT !.),it's not a bad mix, as we haven't known each other long enough to get the irrits with each other !

Lifestyles, backgrounds, beliefs, claim to fames, brag books ::), eating habits, drinking habits, sleeping ( read snoring ) habits and the like, and it all comes down to the common interest.....fishing. Wether it's the Hunter Gatherer, get away from the big smoke, need a feed, thrill of the chase, etc, it's all about us and them, those peskey little, scaled scallywags, that are so hard figure out !

Obviously more are passionate about the sport / hobby, than others, but none the less, it's the common thread. enough of the BS.

The whole trip went according to plan, and that plan was, there was no plan ;D :P :P

To those guys I met for the first time......pleasure.....! To the usual suspects.....as always ;)

Stats :- 137klms from my place to the camp site.....and took 1hr 55minutes. Yes it's over 60k's shorter than thru Toowoomba, but the same time ! Go Figure !

I think I'll leave it here, a big thanks to you's who helped put this together, you know who you are !

I look forward to some reports here over the next few days, and pics.

OH ! I nearly forgot.......passed 2 garage sales on the way home....... ::)

;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) :P 8) :o

sunrise
10-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Got them Phil.
Brought a "john wayne" vidio for $2
no fishing reels or rods lol :P ;D
had a great weekend
Thanks for puting me on the fish Webie
I am now not a virgin fresh water fishing man

hey bug man
what was the score

ahhhh
let me think.......

lol
had a great weekend
johno

aquarius
10-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Sunrise over Cressbrook.....no garage sales here!

sav
10-03-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks to Phil, Phils cheese and kisses, Brett etc etc for organising the weekend - as I said a hard act to follow, I'm a newbe to the M&G's and really enjoyed the company, drinks, jokes, drinks, and after the red wine even betty looked ok.
Pity about the fishing but I think Aquarius photo of the mist over Cressbrook sums it up - we couldn't have dreamed of better weather and conditions.
Re the lost property Phil, the coffee cup and scotch glass were mine. Give them to Sunrise - sure he will get at least 50c for them at his next flea market.
I'll now have to buty another bottle JW to get the free glass (lifes hard).
Catch you all later.
Sav

mackmauler
10-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Cressbrook is a nice place, the air is so clean you could cut it with an axe ;D there was a few punters trolling the camp ground after midnight as well, dam noisy them old 2 strokes ;) lucky- Phill and bugman a well deserved thanks on such a tidy setup and a good feed, Even caught a few gar, and saw fisherman pull in a bass first cast this morning, All the best fellas, see you at the next one.

Rob

Chris_J
11-03-2003, 02:37 AM
Yeah it was a top weekend :) Great to meet you all.....Phil & Bugman thats for organising it all....you did really well ;D It was just a pleasure just to be out there...great company, great food and great weather...what more could ya want?well besides active fish ;)

Thanks again for a great time

Chris

Randall
11-03-2003, 03:50 AM
Good to catch up with a few of the hanger-oners on Sunday arvo.
Phil...that packet of biccies was mine was`nt it? http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gif

Heres a few more photos.

Randall.

Randall
11-03-2003, 03:51 AM
Betty!!!!!

BOMBER
11-03-2003, 03:52 AM
Hi All,

Was great to meet a few of the stayers sorry we missed you SAV maybe next time. Randall and I had a great morning on the dam well should I say good 30 mins on the dam on the water by 6:15am down to a litle spot I was told about got 8 Bass on Poppoers and one on soft plastics then saw Pete and Touchy so went over for a GAB then trolled around a bit saw Fitzy and Basser and went over there to hang a bit of SH&^%$# and cast lures at each other at 50 paces, went for another troll for 0 so went to the camp to say HI good to meet a few new BLOKES and see some old faces, maybe next time will be able to make it for the whole turn out looked like a great couple of nights would have been had, I'm sure Randall will post the pics around about here today sometime, hope to see you all again soon.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Randall
11-03-2003, 03:54 AM
Got nine of these on the surface early on Sunday.
Only lasted for 45mins though and then they shut down.
Tiny fish, but perfect location.

Randall
11-03-2003, 03:58 AM
Peters casual look pretty much summed up the weekend!!!

Randall
11-03-2003, 04:01 AM
Oh...BTW,,,, I reckon Bombers alter ego, TARQUIN, beats Betty hands down!!!

Pity this SHE-MAN did`nt make an appearance on the night!!

Randall
11-03-2003, 04:02 AM
One more.
Aussiebasser likes to dress up too Touchy!!!
Your not the only strange man amongst us mate!!!

Enjoy.

Randall.

craigie
11-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks Phill and Brett, You had the camp set up so well we should have been staying up there for a week ;D.

A special thanks also Phill for feeding me Saturday Night, I was under 'The Pump' when i couldn't catch anything to eat.

The crew were all sound asleep when I hit the road Sunday morning, hope my snoring didn't keep you awake for too long.
Not sure if anybody realised this but we had some of the local wildlife scratching around the food containers/dirty dishes at 'Sparows' on Sunday morning. I think they were Bandicootes/Possums/snakes :o ??? They were right up around the tents under the tarp, maybe they were just Ants retreating from Brett's tent ;D ;D

Good to hear a couple of fish were caught on the Sunday. Was plenty of fog around at 4.30 am when I left.

Good bunch of people in a great location, a shame to those that missed it.

Regards
Craig.

bugman
11-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Well the M&G's only get better :D - the fishing - well that only gets worse ;D.

Fantastic weekend to get together with a few others that share the common good.

Thanks to everyone who turned up to make it enjoyable and especially to Phil for most of the infrustructure and in particular the boat. I think I paid you back by putting you onto that massive bass hey mate ;D.

Good to see all the old faces again and great to meet up with the new. Isn't it great that someone with the enthusiasm of Chris and Jack can learn things of the more senior members in the crew. Or in the case of Chris pass on every piece of knowledge (and lures) to the useless wallies that had no idea about fresh fishing. In the case of Jack - well - you'll find the real things not to be so deflated - but that will come much later mate.

I think my effort of three landed over two days of fishing was fair considering the results. It was better some other guns he he he he he he ;)

Probably too early to talk of another one but I reckon I'll be there just the same. I'll bring ear muffs, more port, eye fillet steak, ant rid, a garage sale stall, a bike pump (for Betty) and probably less fishing gear ???

Thanks again to everyone.

Bugman

webby
11-03-2003, 03:13 PM
HI All, Great weekend of no fish ;D
Although i did manage to put the crew on a couple.
Thanks to Phil and his Co-Hort for the set up. (Bikkie Barrel me missus wants back).
To the Mountain Men who turned up, and didnt show us any tricks. :P
To Betty and Pete who disappeared into the bedroom after the floor show ???, or was that Betty and Big-D,frollicing in the tent. :-[
To Maree who must of though she was at mens club 8)
To Steptoe and Co who brough all the bloody ants into the lounge. >:(
To the "Boat Sunk Man" who told us our diets were all wrong, and drinks Port like a Beer. ::)
To all the Red Claw experts and their Kitty Kat expertise. :-X
And lastly to Sav and Craigie for volunteering to take charge of the B.P./ M & G Classic in October and have donated onsite cabins for the weekend. :o :o.
Due to usb probs , Pics will be downloaded tomorrow.With all the x-rated shots.
Anyone for the Pin or Broadwater Next, Stand up and take Charge. :-X
Also have x-amount of fresh lures for sale and their all virgins. :'(
regards

Fitzy
11-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Sorry we didn't hang round too long on Sunday. I was feelin a bit crook so Dale took me home early. We got a couple of fish for our troubles but it was a bit slow.

Did bump into a few folks on the water.

Cheers all,

fitz

aussiebasser
11-03-2003, 03:32 PM
It was good to catch up with a couple of you guys, sorry I couldn't make it back to camp, but we had to cut the morning short. This would be the worst I've seen Cressbrook as far as fish goes. I'm not sure why, but there was no distinct Thermocline, and that is the first time I've encountered that. There was a faint trace at about 65', although it didn't seem to be holding fish. (The deepest I have caught a bass at Cressy is 80') I buggered if I know how Randall and Bummer caught those fish, Fitzy ended up with two, and I got squat.
Thanks for posting up that photo of me Randy, at least I won. 8)
(Did I mention that I hate 8 knot limits, but I love it when it's foggy :-X)

Fisherman02
11-03-2003, 04:02 PM
howdy fellas
webby the pics......... well you will all see very soon. I might ask steve to close my pm account for that short period after LOL. Yeh touchy better not say too much but the 'balloons' were a bit on the 'flat' side. Plus you weighed a freakin tonne, or maybe that was just my delicate lap. Well guys I tried a bit of freds 'green death' and all i can tell you is it burns, it burns worse then anything i can think of probaly bleach comes the closest. Sorry fitzy, Randall, aussiebasser and bomber that I didn't get to meet the legends but i did see randall and bomber briefly well ill say more after the pics denying whatever you lot can come up with.
cheers jack
p.s overall it was a fantastic weekend pity about that oversized puddle in the middle. Also johno might be best to get another eski ay mate brought every ant in a km radius to the camp. Can't wait till the next one (probaly wont be at the fraser one)

Randall
12-03-2003, 04:04 AM
Jack....I still have been meaning to get you out on the fresh someday soon. I know you like the salt, but when you know where and how to get those dam rare bass, it can be quite fun.

I also know you like to fish for sharks and I also know how and where to find 100cm river whalers right up in the upper reaches of the Brissy river. They are fun on light gear.

I will get you up there sooner or later. Be patient!!!

Randall.

Fisherman02
12-03-2003, 03:10 PM
yeh mate
im in no rush anyways just enjoying the pressure that comes with year 11!!!! Yeh might start chasing gar at sandgate
cheers mate
jack

sav
12-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Webby
Donate the on-site cabins at BP. You would have needed a couple more 6 packs to get that one out of me. We will be keen to do something - maybe the cabins would be a bit up market for us crew so the tents; tarps etc may have to do.

By the way Webby what was the model of that Sony digital you had and any clues as to where I could get one. (please don't respond to this Sunrise - I want a new one)
Regards
Sav

sunrise
12-03-2003, 06:34 PM
thz i know when I am not loved :'(
lol

aussiebasser
13-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Just to prove how easy it can be to catch fish a Cressbrook, check out the lure this one ate!
Musta been a female hey ::)

Lucky_Phill
14-03-2003, 02:53 PM
The Cressbrook Camp & Beer garden.

::) ???

Lucky_Phill
14-03-2003, 02:54 PM
A very strange bunch of fisherfolk, and what are they doing ???

caveman
14-03-2003, 06:25 PM
not catching redclaw ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D