PDA

View Full Version : wanted information

twodogs
14-03-2003, 02:27 PM
??? ??? I have aquired an old fishing reel & would appreciate some help of information. The reel is made of all brass conponants with markings on the reel seat "Henbryx" , Pat mar 21 1878, Pat July 10 the following numbers could possibley be 1883. the reel is still in good condition.
Would be gratful for any help.

spike2
14-03-2003, 03:27 PM
l think the b in henbryx should read as a d as in hendryx . not really my specialty as l collect old alvey reels so lam no expert on your reel . any old reel is precious , just think of the fish it has caught in time gone by when fish were plentiful , l have an alvey that is sixty years old and l know the previous owner has caught over 100 jew on this reel even though it isnt my best looking reel or my most expensive it is my favourite .new reels are great but old reels cant be replaced .
cheers spike

Ron_Collins
14-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Hey TwoDogs

This sounds like a good one.

I'll endeavour to contact Warwick Doncaster for you and get his views. He's an avid amateur collector and reel historian, and a good bloke into the bargain.

Meanwhile, do yourself a favour and don't sell it yet. Ron Collins.

PS: Posting a pic would help.

freefish
15-03-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi, Your Hendryx reel is not really rare except that it is 100 yrs old & there are not that many things of that age left around. They come up for sale reasonably regularly priced $50 to $100. Could be called the model T of fishing reels as originally priced 10c to 25c or so my information says. Look nice polished on display. Bill

twodogs
15-03-2003, 02:25 PM
:)Spike,
upon checking the reel more closly the B is infact a D. I will be trying to post a picture of the reel soon. thank you very much for your help.
twodogs.

twodogs
15-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Ron,
thank you for your help. I have left another bit of information to a spelling mistake.

Twodogs