PDA

View Full Version : "Price of Petrol" # - READ THIS

jaybee
28-02-2003, 12:41 PM
I like this idea - power to the people!!!

Great if it works!!!
"Price of Petrol" - READ THIS

Received the following which sounds like a good idea. A very interesting idea...will it work ?
We are going to hit close to $1.35 a litre by the winter.

Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at .89 /.95 / $1.10 cents, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one - BP) If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a; lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (and not buy at BP)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 80 cents a LITRE RANGE Action It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Caltex, Mobil, g,a.s. or Gulf Outlets and drive by BP Stations.

If you would like a copy to forward please send me your e-mail.Might also be an idea to forward it onto you local and Federal Member
cheers

Lachie1
28-02-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm with you joe this is a good plan and you need the support of most members to make this happen and i'm sure most people would be happy to do so ??? ;). It (the price of petrol) doesn't directly affect me yet as i dont quite have me own car yet >:( ::) but I will send an e-mail to at least 10 that do.

Goodluck, Lachie

caveman
01-03-2003, 06:38 AM
great idear do you think it will work on the butcher shops as well, just look at the price of meat at the moment yet beef & lamb prices are down

Jack_Lives_Here
01-03-2003, 06:55 AM
Don't be quick to respond / forward folks.
Another troll for e-mail address by advertising companies I would suggest.

jb - no offence itended toward yourself - I got the same mail also.

jaybee
01-03-2003, 07:02 AM
yeh its a hard one jack, I use a BP just around the corner for conveniance, but last week by travelling an extra 2 k on the same road to work matilda was 15c a litre cheaper, so where is the justification for a major petroleum company to be so expensive, doesnt make sense to me.
cheers.

NQCairns
01-03-2003, 11:21 AM
, I use a BP just around the corner for conveniance, but last week by travelling an extra 2 k on the same road to work matilda was 15c a litre cheaper

Hi Jaybee, I had an interesting experience a while ago when I drove 4000 km in total (250 - 340km/tank)in a vehicle towing a boat both packed to the brim with stuff, it was all seriously heavey overall. Anyway with this trip we didn't seek out the best priced fuel like we would normally do and just filled up at the next servo when we needed it bad. To my great surprise after filling up at some cheap servos the vehicle had much less power like (30% less) and robed me of as much as 50+km/tank. The first time it happened I thought there was a mechanical problem (or a car had latched itself to the back of the trailer for a free ride) and stopped to check it all out, it was that noticable, then upon refill at a brand name servo I was driving a relative rocket ship again. On this trip I found out that one brand name servo (boycotted now)gave me crap power/economy and a couple of cheepie ones were good (haven't used a cheepie one since). Anyway I guess what I found out was that just as oils aint oils things are going on before the pump all over this country and buying fuel is in no way like buying a cheaper bag of sugar at the moment, we really do get what we pay for at the pump these days.Nq cairns.

Volvo
01-03-2003, 03:38 PM
:)Top idea. Maybe we could stop buying from more than just the one company if possible just ta get the message across a little better??.
Cheers

aquarius
02-03-2003, 07:00 AM
Jaybee there's 1 big problem with your idea mate....There is only 2 oil refineries in Southeast Queensland...BP AND CALTEX..(a shell refinery across the NSW boarder).
Did you know that all service stations buy petrol from these two company's...sorry but i can't see this scheme working.
This info came from a friend of mine that use to own a service station.
Cheers Brent

jaybee
02-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Did you know that all service stations buy petrol from these two company's yes i did, and this is not my idea i recieved the e-mail. But then logically cheaper prices create for a higher turnover resulting in more profit, so i am lead to believe, therefore if independents are selling more fuel, then the price should lower accordingly, as there would be no justification for raising the price. I think. correct me if i am wrong. In theory it sounds okay.
cheers.

Simonr
02-03-2003, 06:08 PM
I reckon we all give it a decent go - if it does not work, it's cost up 1 minute of our time - if it does, then we all benefit - it's got to be better than letting the Government continually rip us all off ! I'll send it to as many as I can - work Email has like thousands of ppl so that's a start ! Cheers. :P

jack_attack
03-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Dunno if it is going to work or not, but it is worth a try. I have just posted the same message on the Ausubaru message board.

peter_m
08-03-2003, 08:18 AM
I wish i had a choice but in Gove there`s one servo a BP and they charge what they like

arthur
08-03-2003, 11:43 AM
hi fellers. do you know woolworths buy ther petrol from thailand is is never any cheaper. i will try your propisal i hope it works. good luck Arthur. >:(

Simon
08-03-2003, 01:47 PM
who does BP supply there fuel to and do they and others use ethonal. ie 100 percent refined fuel isn't neccessarily 100 percent petrol as ethanol is refined. as mentioned quite often you get what you pay for no matter how overpriced it may be.

stevedemon
08-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Hi All
We are all in the same vote the only problem is that we are forgetting one thing the tax that is on petrol,
as I was watching the news the other night on some different country around the world on what they are paying for fuel I maybe wrong so please don't hit me to hard after all I'm only human
kuwati pay only only $00.06 per/ltr
America pay only $1.50 per/Gallon which works out about $00.33 per/Ltr
UK pay's $00.65 per/ltr
Asia pay's from $00.10 to $00.55 per/ltr
but the thing that interested me the most and my interest the rest of you is that the oversea's market only supplie 20% of the Australian fuel we supplie the rest our selves but due to the fact that we are tied up with the rest of the world they price market Govern's our price market so they tell us.
We are hit with the biggest taxes of any country in the world but when you look at the system we supplie 80% of our own fuel just some thing more for all your thoughts before any thing is sent to Government bodies for a farer system (haha)

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve :P :P

Brett_Finger
09-03-2003, 03:03 AM
I wish i had a choice but in Gove there`s one servo a BP and they charge what they like

Pete,
how much for fuel in Gove mate?
Hookin,Brett :)

klyons
09-03-2003, 04:17 PM
Evening All

With regard for the prices of fuel in various countries to get a true indication you must convert to aus dollars and the litre. 12 months ago, the av price of petrol in the US was $1.76us per gallon(us). Now remember a US gallon is only 3.78 litres,not 4.54 and $1.76 us is about $3 au and the cost is about 80c aus/litre. Do the same conversion with most european countries and they pay a lot more than we do.Now, if all the tax and excise was removed we would only be paying 30c/l but if the tax man don't get it off us on petrol, he'll get it off us some other way.

Kev

Volvo
10-03-2003, 03:50 AM
Maybe we should get a list of all servo's BP supply fuel to that way we know exactly who ta boycot??.

Cremated_Reddog
12-03-2003, 04:14 PM
well you guys up there should think yourselves lucky you aint in new south. I travelled down thru the west the other day and the dearest I paid for fuel was 92.9 got over the border and it had jumped to 109.9 cpl. now we pay more for our fuel down here than any other state or territory in this bloody country.. yet our roads are the crappiest. you guys wanna come down here and see what it is like.

Mick-P
17-03-2003, 04:54 AM
That petrol email you refer to wasn't created for the purpose of reducing prices it is the latest Aussie internet chain letter.

Volvo
17-03-2003, 05:43 AM
::)Feck!!, me thought greeks were disorgonised http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm12.gif.
people power can work but the people have ta wanna make it work lol.
Cheers